Young Bunny Treats

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sethcjd

Reaction score
I'm very persistant on only feeding Nala the safest stuff - so I don't get her any types of treats from pet stores. I'm planning on ordering some of the barley buscuits from oxbow, but I was wondering if there is anything besides those that could be readily available (that may be a little different than alfalfa and timothy cubes). She is about 9 weeks now, so I want to wait a little bit longer before I introduce her to veggies...just to be safe....I've heard craisins are good treats for rabbits, but do these contain to much sugar for a growing bunny? Thanks!

You are doing a good thing by skipping the petstore treats
really just junk food

I haven't looked at the oxbow site recently but most of their treats for rabbits are good if given as described ..as a treat

craisins are full of sugar and a rabbit can have maybe one to 2 daily.

I was just thinking about it and was wondering if I could possibly introduce a blade or two of clean grass per day. It's not necessarily starting her on veggies, and the small amount should be safe right? Also couldn't it be a good way to get her body used to a fresh leafy green, thus getting her somewhat accustomed to veggies? I'm just blurting out a theory so correct me if I'm wrong!

We use small bits of peanuts as treats, e.g. a reward after clipping nails. Gotta be careful with peanuts though, they are 50% fat. Well we have raisins too, and dried apple slices. Yum!

mine wont touch the treats you buy from a pet shop - thrown out the hutch immediately. cant say i blame them tho:rollseyes their favourite is a piece of carrot - i think that this can be high in sugar but everything in moderation.

There is one treat that I buy from the pet store that seems to be all natural and my buns LOVE them. It's the Sunseed Sunthing Oven Baked Apple Strudels. They don't have any added sugar either:
Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein 7.0% min
Crude Fat 3.0% min
Crude Fiber 7.0% max
Moisture 14.0% max
Ingredients: Whole Wheat Flour, Corn Flour, Dehydrated Cabbage, Dehydrated Alfalfa, Dehydrated Parsley, Dehydrated Spinach, Dehydrated Kale, Dehydrated Green Beans, Dehydrated Apple, Vegetable Oil, Salt, and Water.

Latest posts

Back