You wont see to much of me this week/Writing my Life License

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be thinking of you and sending you lots of positive vibes

You can do it!

Good luck!!! You can do it!! :D

Sorry I've been so out of touch with my arms healing. Amazing how many tendons it requires just to type, holy cow! Hurt too much.

But I'm quickly healing and they are SO much better now, thank god!

*cheers you on!* :D

For those of you haven't heard. I didn't pass my exam again. My father asked me what's if I'm gonna rewrite or do somthing else. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want me to continue on. But I have a support system at Primerica that should keep me going. After talking with 2 of my "higher ups" there, they want me to keep fighting for it

What are the stumbling blocks? What are you getting wrong? How are you feeling during the exam?

I always did really well with my papers, presentations, etc, but give me a 'test' and forget it, my brain seizes up!

I remember once applying for a job at the local Library taking care of small animals, they gave me a simple written test -- very basic math questions, etc -- and I choked! So in spite of school marks between 80% and 90%, I wasn't 'smart' enough to clean out a mouse cage!

sas :foreheadsmack:

Well there are 12 areas that I have to learn for the exam. Goingonin imfeeling good, durning the exam I feel so unprepared. The question are worded differently than the online study questions.

I didn't do well in High School, I took all Modifed classes.

I really think this is what I want to do. I'm helping familes get Debt Free and Financial Indepenant.

I'm only been with Primerica for a few months, I've barely gotten started and I'm suppose to stop and look at where I'm going?

My dad say's he's being supportive but he's not. He's telling me to step and look at my where i'm going. I don't want to be my older sister and a Comerce degree and get a job where i'm sitting at desk answering phones.

I am also like Pipp when it comes to test but I never felt smart enough to clean a mouse cage and that was primarily cuz I didnt believe in my self. I went into each and every test Knowing i wud fail...instead of thinking i will succeed. TBH i still do this and it is hard to get out of that way of thinking. But the only way I have been able to cope is to tell my self that this test doesnt matter, and I take the pressure off myself.

The test part for me was just nerves. (Don't count on me to think well under pressure, LOL!)

I'd say go for it again. Would an oral test be better? Can you request that?

Peoples' brains all work in different ways. I think all people have some form of 'dyslexia' but we're able to avoid using whatever skill(s) we lack. I can write well but I can't remember a face if my life depended on it.

TV newscasters can talk to an audience while listening to their producer in the headset. I couldn't possibly do that. My brain doesn't work that way.

Some people are great at math, others can't add but they can write. Some people have a flare for languages, others electronics. Some can grasp abstract concepts, others need things to be in a linear order. Some people remember detail, some can't. Some can memorize speeches, others can't memorize a phone number.

Those are all just different brain functions. It always irks me that the people who do well with the written word are the ones structuring education. Its not a good way to measure intellect or assess skills.

If 'testing' is directly related to the job skill at hand, I can see it, but when it comes to just knowing and being able to do the job, I fail to see what a written test is going to prove unless part of the job requires the applicant to write out answers like that.

Frankly, what will make you great at this job is your passion for it and your great connection with people.

Everything else you can look up on the computer.

sas :clover:

Pipp wrote:
I'd say go for it again. Would an oral test be better? Can you request that?
I dont think Oral would make that much of a difference. The test is 140 Muliple Choice.

If 'testing' is directly related to the job skill at hand, I can see it, but when it comes to just knowing and being able to do the job, I fail to see what a written test is going to prove unless part of the job requires the applicant to write out answers like that.
This test is a prelicense exam that everyone who wants to sell Life Insurance must go through. The canadian goverment decided that it would slow down the number of people getting there Life License by adding the LLQP class, From the last 2 classes that were held the Proctor's success rate at getting us passed isn't high.

For my group there was 7 and 3 passed the first time, 1 passed the second rewrite. Then theres me who still hasn't and 1 other girl who rewrote hasn't done another rewrite yet, and 1 person hasn't been seen since.

For the second group there was 4 of them in there your group 1 passed 1st time and 1 passed 2nd time.

Frankly, what will make you great at this job is your passion for it and your great connection with people.

Everything that we have to know for the exam is just for the exam, we only sell 1 of the many different Life Insurances out there. We have this awesome computer program that does your job for us after we fill in the blanks

I really like what we do for the families :) I really believe we make a difference.

Everything else you can look up on the computer.

That part is sooo true!!!!!
sas :clover:

Thanx for the support girls I really needed it.

Is there any chance you can practice on questions that are similar to the actual test questions? I know that helped me a ton when I had to study for college entrance exams, etc.

tonyshuman wrote:
Is there any chance you can practice on questions that are similar to the actual test questions? I know that helped me a ton when I had to study for college entrance exams, etc.

We Study by topic questions in each of the 12 sections that are 15 questions each. Random each time. We also have an Exam Simulator which is 140 questions 4 hrs to take it and then there's the Bonus questions which is 120 questions and that one is 3hrs long.

With the Study by Topic questions it tell's you if your answer is right or wrong after you pick your answer and why it's correct.

I have been doing those all week, I was going over them 3 to 4 times till I knew the right answers.

Latest posts

Back