You Know its a Small World when....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSAR

Reaction score
I just thought this was a good idea since the world does sometimes seem to be so small.

Here is one of my experiences:

You know its a small world when you see your neighbors at Disneyland and your other neighbors were also there less than a week earlier.

You know its a small world when you see your teachers in public.

You know it is a small world when the members of RO are all over the world and we all can post about our buns around the globe and share our bunny stories!!!

:wave::thumbup:yes:

Denise

You know that it's a small world when you can go to another continent and still meet people from your home town.

When your friends know the things your brother is up to before you do because that have the same friends.

True tidbit:

I'm in Missouri. For a while I stayed in Erdmannhausen Germany. While there I paid a vist to Dachau. As I signed into the registry I skimmed down a few lines and saw a notation from a person who lived ONE town away from the Missouri town I lived in.

So in essence, while 15 minutes divided our living situation in the US - our paths crossed in a different, but shared country, all together.

I took a couple of tests for the Seattle Fire Department back in January 2005, along with about 5,000 other people. The only person I talked to at the test site the 2 nights the test ran was this one guy who had the same test times as me and also was riding the bus. We talked for about an hour over the two days the testing ran. Fast forward a year and a half: I was now living in Alaska and dating a nice guy named Paul. Talking to his older brother on the phone one day, we figured out that his brother, Dave, was the man I'd been talking to all that time during the fire department testing!

I think it's pretty darn amazing. Like I said, there were about 5,000 people there for the tests those days, and Dave was seriously the ONLY person I talked to who I didn't already know (and I only knew about 20). Then a year later, in a different state 2,313 miles away, I fell in love with his little brother. Now Dave is going to be my brother-in-law.

Oh and if it makes any difference, Dave lives in Oregon and had come up to Seattle specifically for the tests, so it's not like we would have run into each other at any other time.

Not my story but a friend of mine.

My friend Nick was backpacking through New zealand. He was stopped at a hostel and having lunch at a picnic table. Some girls sat down with him and they started chatting. Everyone was sharing where they were from and this one girl said "i'm from canada too". They talked a bit and it turns out they both went to the same junior high school, except she was a year younger.They also have a few friends in common. The weird thing is we went to a small private french school and there wasn't very many kids.

I just thought it was a cool coincidence since it was half a world away.

One of my hallmates in my dorm, which we were randomly assigned to out of 3,000 freshmen, went to the other high school I applied to, but didn't go to. We have a lot of friends in common back in Los Angeles and now we do here in Ithaca, NY as well.

I was amazed when I went up to the Gold Coast in Queensland and met one of my primary school classmates in a random McDonalds.

You know it's a small world when you see the road that your boyfriend's parents used to live on featuring a high-speed chase on COPS. I recognized the road by the Hooter's next to the mini-golf place... :ph34r2

ETA: We saw that on COPS a year after Will moved to Wisconsin from Clinton TWP, Michigan. Will was laughing so hard that he had to leave the room. My mum was less than pleased. lol She thought it was funny, though.

Another "small world" story that I have is from my mum. She used to really be big into SCUBA diving and belonged to a dive club. One of the people that she grew really close to, friend-wise, was a guy named Joe. He was a couple years older (not much) but they still turned out to be close friends. Fast-forward 30 years. I have an uncle Joe! He married my mum's older sister! :)

That also kind of happened with my other aunt (mum's younger sister). She dated Bob in high school, they broke up, lost contact and so on. She married someone else, had three kids, and got divorced thirty years later. A few years after the divorce, she got married... to Bob! They got back together after he moved out of state and such. He's a lawyer now, too.

I just thought those were neat.

You know it's a small world when your waitress in London is one of your brothers primary school friends sister who used to put make up on your brother :p

In September 2007 me and Steve went to Sri Lanka for 2 weeks. While we were there, we did a 5-day tour around the country, and it was just me, Steve, another couple, an older lady, and our driver and tour guide, who were both Sri Lankan.

The tour guide was asking us questions about where we were from, and we said Bristol, England. He asked us where abouts in Bristol which we thought was odd, but we replied Fishponds. He said 'I know that place!!!' Turns out he played cricket for a team that played just 5 minutes down the road from us. He knew of our local area, even down to the local shops etc. That was very scary!!

Latest posts

Back