You have GOT to be kidding me!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys (gals, lol), sounds like I have a lot of company out there!

Actually, having read back over my posts, I sure do whine a lot. Sorry about that! And I was thinking, maybe I should have posted my original complaint in THE INFIRMIRY :p

Good news...I am feeling quite a bit better after having been off of my feet the whole weekend. It really was getting kinda boring in the lazy boy chair with 3 pillows under my feet. Dave was understanding, but a little frustrated. He likes to use the 3 day weekends to get projects done, and I could do nothing but sit and supervise.

The swelling is way down, and the rash is faded. Funny thing is, NOW it feels a little itchy (it didn't when it was bright red). I suppose it's part of the healing process. I'm keeping my "special" pantyhose on as a precautionary...they really do work, darn it.

My DH had something similar last summer (cellulitis), and had to wear those lovely support stockings. They are a major pain in the neck, but they really do work. We're both 46, and not enjoying the whole aging process. Didn't the brochures promise that we weren't going to get older, we were going to get better? My question is, better than what???

Btw, my 20 year old son has quite a few grey hairs. He says it's because his little brother has driven him to them!

Glad to hear you're on the mend, but don't try to do too much too soon. My DH was too active too soon, and things reversed themselves rather quickly. Take care!

I have had gray hairs since i was in my early 20's and now i am really gray especially in the front and i am only 34 years old. I too can predict the weather , sometimes even better then the weather men,lol, my back is not all that good. I pulled my back out once reaching down to grab the dog as she was running by, dropped to the floor like a sac of potatoes and had to crawl on my hands and knees up the basement steps,lol!!!!!

i had to dye my greying hairs at 13yrs old!

im 43...am permanetly exhausted..no probs its being carer for my 24yr old daughter.....sleeping odd hours...anti epileptic meds...anti depressants..chronic IBS....coping with my elderly mum across the road who has no friends no hobbies no interests apart formt he housebunw e got her a year ago.
my dad died three years ago and its been worsesince then....
im achy...have a dmaged ankle and walk with a crutch....have asthma...now my sghts going odd....i may be premenopausal......my blood pressures low to medium im told...but evruthing else..i have varicose veins..mums side of family! allergies to pollen..dust...smoke...perfumes etc and fur of cats and dogs and buns only whent heyre moulting!

ihave become a little alcks..i havent bothered about plucking my eyebrows...doing my hair..etc etc for about 6 or 7 yrs now..oh hold on..no i dyed my hair black when i first moved in this house..5 and a half years then lol

i dont care...im who i am...being older is gaining more wisdom....more isnight and getting the privilege to moan about youngsters these days lol.

btw..not grey hairs...theyre stress hilights:thumbup

Love the stress highlights!

I am learning to embrace my "pudge" - I have earned it over the years. Like I said, it is not a double chin, it is not a saggy chin but it is a dewlap.

Gotta laugh when ladies go in for a Brazilian butt job (butt implants). Mother Nature gave that to me, naturally! Back in the day when ladies wore bustled dresses, I wouldn't need one as I had one genetically attached...

I tell my hubby when he complains I have too many animals (and when his mom tells him he could have married a rich girl:grumpy:) that back in the real Middle Ages, with a hunting dog, a cat and five horses, I had a helluva dowry! Just too bad I wasn't born back then!

On my dyed red hair - it has faded and everyone loves it so I am going to stay with it. After all, one must have a bit of color in their lives.

Growing old may suck bricks but I'm fighting, kicking and screaming "Wheeeeeee" all the way down.

Denise

I just dyed my hair for the first time in my life. I feel weird since most of the kids my age started back in their teens and i'm a bit of a latebloomer and didn't until i was almost 25.

And Yes, if my animals were good for a dowry, I'd be set. almost 30 rabbits, 2 horses(breeding my mare soon too)and a dog(though she's only got a few months left)I would be set.

DeniseJP wrote:
I am learning to embrace my "pudge" - I have earned it over the years. Like I said, it is not a double chin, it is not a saggy chin but it is a dewlap.

Growing old may suck bricks but I'm fighting, kicking and screaming "Wheeeeeee" all the way down.

Denise
LOL! Love the "dewlap".

Btw, as an update, the phlebitis is waaaay better. I'm still wearing my 'SPECIAL' pantyhose quite a bit, asthey dohelp keep my lower legs from puffing up.

But get this...I'm having some intermittent burning/throbbing pain in the front of my shins,up to 3 or 4 inchesabove my feet. I've decided its like carpal tunnel of the shins. For anyone who's had it in their wrists or hands, you know the type of feeling I mean: some numbness, an occasional shooting pain, but mostlya lot of throbbing. And considering that carpal tunnel is caused by swelling that puts pressure on your veins....well,yeah. That's pretty much what's going on in my legs. WHAT FUN!!:foreheadsmack:

am pleased to read you are on the mend - ish:) i know exactly what you mean about the shins! get this meself. i've also started wearing wrist supports:pssd: they help but am trying to find some in pink, preferably with a bit of bling... all the ladies in my family get osteoporosis - wonderful thing genetics:rollseyes

still it makes a change from all those years when i was trying to carry a baby to term and every visit to the doctor involved lying on a couch and opening wide..

hartleybun wrote:
am pleased to read you are on the mend - ish:) i know exactly what you mean about the shins! get this meself. i've also started wearing wrist supports:pssd: they help but am trying to find some in pink, preferably with a bit of bling...
Ya, what is up with the manufacturers of this stuff? I was looking at some special socks yesterday, and they were so UGLY!! Do they think we have gone blind also?

Latest posts

Back