You have GOT to be kidding me!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wabbitmom12

Reaction score
So I go to the doctor today to find out about this weird rash on my legs, expecting to hear that it's from some strange plant I brushed up against in the woods during my 5 hour hike earlier in the week. The doctor takes one look at my legs and says, "You're way too young for this!!" (Huh??)

Turns out that I have Phlebitis (that's a mouthful).* The treatment? Elevation, warm compresses, and......

SUPPORT PANTYHOSE!!! SUPPORT PANTYHOSE?!? At the age of 44?!?

My poor, dear husband just got upper dentures last week at the ripe age of 47.

Good grief, we are falling apart!! Next thing you know, we will be chasing each other around in our HoverRounds at Shady Acres Rest Home.

*Phlebitis is associated with fluid retention and incorrect circulation in your legs. The capillaries burst and cause a funky looking rash. It's thought to be a forerunner of vericose veins - which every woman in my dad's family, for three generations, has. (Great genetic odds, right?) It also can lead to a very serious blood clot in your leg, so it's nothing to mess around with.

NorthernAutumn wrote:
:hug: There, there...
Crappy genetic lottery.

BUT, this does mean that Dave now has an opportunity to help keep your legs feeling good! Lots and LOTS of massage ;)
I'll be sure to show him your post! (Hint, hint, honey...) :big wink:

:hug::bunnyhug:really crap genetic lottery here too:pssd: if bowel cancer doesnt get me then it's hello arthritis and osteoporosis. im 43 and the hands arent brilliant. to add insult to injury i went for a sight test recently and was told that due to family history of glaucoma im old enough to qualify for a free sight test. the 'free' bit i like but 'the old enough'.....:grumpy:

varicose veins are also very common in the family.

see you in Shady Acres! hubby is 10 years older me, fitter than me and has all his own teeth :biggrin2:

Aww that really sucks :(

Crappy genetics, there's always something. At least it's not the worst :hug2:

WOW! You know President Nixon had that I believe! My maternal grandmother had TERRIBLE Vericose Veins..... I have a couple and I am 45. Yes, we're getting old.. :eek:ldman:

I am with you - will be 45 in September...have had type 1 diabetes for almost 20 years (on both sides of the family tree), heart disease runs on both sides of the tree, and cancers of all types runs on my mom's family tree - all family members on her mom's side have died from cancers ranging from bone, to pancreatic/colon, liver, skin...

It has been a not-so-good health year for me - gallbladder out in January, kidney stones a few weeks ago, have had 4 knee surgeries and need to get the ACL fixed and after three cortisone shots in my right elbow and one in my left, the surgeon said I need surgery to rewire my ornery tendons...(had carpal tunnel surgery years ago)...oh, and I have chronic depression and anxiety (under control with medication). I have enough metal in my teeth that when it thunders, I do not open my mouth lest I get struck! Worn glasses for years...

When I meet my Maker, I am going to sit down and ask him about the extended warranty on my parts as I don't think I ever got one!!! :)

I will race everyone in my wheelchair at Shady Acres or wherever my kids decide to put me...

It stinks getting old - I still don't feel like I am 45....

Back when I was little and my great-grandma passed away at the age of 80, I figured at the age of 8 that when you hit 40 you must be "half-dead."

Reached the milestone of 40 and was joking with my brother that I was "half-dead" now. My mom piped up and laughed, "Who says you're going to be 80? You might have been half-dead for years and didn't even know it!"

Great....

Denise

Well it sounds like I'm not alone.:p

All I know is, I,m not listening ANYMORE when people say to me, (and I do hear this a lot), "A 21 year old? You're not OLD enough to have a 21 year old!" Too many years of using Mary Kay so I don't have many wrinkles.

Well, now that I'm wearing SUPPORT HOSE I guess I don't have to worry about THAT anymore!!

Benn teases me about my gray hairs... then I did a dye job that made me look like I immersed myself in a vat of raspberry juice because Benn was not available to fix me....he promises to fix me after prom tonight....I am gonna look like an Easter egg...

Denise

I am "only" 33, but some days I can barely walk or write. I've had arthritis in my feet, ankles, knees, hands, and wrists since high school, and it seems to get worse every year. I can even predict when it's going to rain. "Rain's a-comin', I can feel it in my joints!"

I can't even imagine how bad it's going to be when I get to 60.

BethM wrote:
I am "only" 33, but some days I can barely walk or write. I've had arthritis in my feet, ankles, knees, hands, and wrists since high school, and it seems to get worse every year. I can even predict when it's going to rain. "Rain's a-comin', I can feel it in my joints!"

I can't even imagine how bad it's going to be when I get to 60.

Me too!! I've been on Aleve (Naporoxen) twice daily for a couple of years now. It keeps me pretty limber most of the time. Every so often, though, (usually when a bad weather front is moving through....slowly), I get so stiff I practically limp. My fingers wont type, my neck hurts so bad I want to cry, my elbows ache, I can barely lift my arms, and my hips scream every time I get up out of a chair.

I'll say it again...I AM FALLING APART!

WOW! LOL! We're definitely all falling apart! I've had a lot of pain in my wrist lately when I use it to write. I hate that!

We need pics of you before Benn fixes you and after!

I have a bagd neck already(had surgery... then when i was 34 I threw my back out and couldnt get up off the floor ... and All id id to do that was pick up a little throw rug

Bo B Bunny wrote:
WOW! LOL! We're definitely all falling apart! I've had a lot of pain in my wrist lately when I use it to write. I hate that!

We need pics of you before Benn fixes you and after!

:yeahthat:it's the clicking in me finger joints that really gets my goat:X also the kids have said that the day they see me leave the house without doing hair and makeup then they will know that the end is nigh!

on the good side, my back had been fine for a month and my knees arent too bad. thank you cod liver oil:D

Panty hose isn't that bad, is it? I always wear jeans so I can't say for sure.

heaven's knows at least us youngin's are warned eh? I'm only 24 and so far, i'm defying the family. High blood pressure- mine's still low thankfully, my little bro's and my big sis' isn't as low as mine. High cholestorol runs in the family and the doc said I have a blood report to pay gold for(tis very very nice according to him, it's all japanese to me) I got the arthritis in my knee, ankles and big toes, thanks to my big toes, it just worked it's way up from walking/standing/horseback riding and still making the feet comfortable when i broke the sesamoid bones in the bottom of my feet a few years back. the big toes have no cartilidge so the bones rub and there's no fix, so i've learned to deal with the pain when it gets bad. but storms do let my feet know when they are coming. my wrists and shoulders are starting the carpel tunnel thing because of work, but it isn't bad enough to do anything about yet.
So i'm gussing that I'll feel this in a few years if your posts are any indication?

Lol if it makes you feel better Errik (hubby) has gray hairs at 25..he's had them since he turned 20 and his 30 year old sister has almost nothing but gray on her head.

okiron wrote:
Lol if it makes you feel better Errik (hubby) has gray hairs at 25..he's had them since he turned 20 and his 30 year old sister has almost nothing but gray on her head.

having coloured my hair since i was 15 the kids decided it was time i saw my natural colour:nerves1 so , last christmas, with an inch of regrowth i had my shoulder length locks cut off. sadly i wasnt the silver that all women in my family go by the time their 40s. instead im a rather nice mouse brown with natural hi-lites:biggrin2:eek:h all right - lots of grey hairs instead of silver - thank you genetics:X

Hey, I'm not even 30 yet and I am already covering my grey hairs! My aunt went grey right out of high school, sot hat must be where I get it. I have some knee problems too, mainly from a bad car accident I was in a few years back.

Hubby likes the way the pinky purply red is so I am going with it until it fades... I will have him take pics after work today...:p

Denise

Latest posts

Back