"You gotta have Faith (& Hope)!"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexah

Reaction score
So, I guess we decided to start a baby blog. Can I just tell you that these little balls of fluff are addicting? They've managed to steal my heart in a matter of a day's time. They're absolutely precious and I just love them so much. So, without further ado, here's our blog!

[align=center]"You gotta have Faith (& Hope)!"[/align]

[align=left]I finally decided on names for the two babies: Faith and Hope. I have a hard time telling them apart, but that's just when I'm not wearing my glasses - he he! Faith has more black while Hope has more white. I decided on these names because the babies needed strong names since they started off with so little...[/align]

[align=left]Faith and Hope came to me yesterday evening after a shelter I volunteer with called and asked if I'd be willing to take in two babies that had been left on their doorstep the night before. I said yes without even thinking. And then proceeded to completely freak out. Thank goodness for this forum and for the advice and support I received. Now we've been together for a full day and I just know that this is where they belong. They've managed to squirm and hop into my heart already and I never want to let them go! And, hopefully I won't have to![/align]

[align=left]The girls (that's my story and I'm sticking to it until the gender fairy says otherwise!) are both approximately 4-weeks old. They look to be at least part dutch. I'm not sure what kind of home they came from and the circumstances that led them to be abandoned at the shelter. I currently have them in a small cage with tons of timothy and alfalfa hay, water (bottle and crock), and pellets. I haven't seen them eat many pellets, but they've munched on hay and did pick at the slurry I made from pellets and oats. I just need to have both "hope" and "faith" that I'm doing all that needs to be done for them and that they'll pull through and grow into loving, curious rabbits. But, no matter what, they'll have the best life I can offer them for as long as they're with me (hopefully for forever)![/align]

[align=center]FAITH[/align]

[align=center]
Faith1.jpg
[/align]

[align=left]From what I can tell, Faith is the more dominant of the two girls. She's been the first to explore, the first to eat, and the first to drink. She's also less fearful than Hope, but that may change in the future. She's curious and funny and loves to cuddle. She also loves to lick anything and everything - it's so funny and endearing. I can't wait to see her continue to grow, learn, and become independent. I'm grateful I'm able to be along for the ride because I'm sure it's going to be an awesome one.[/align]

[align=center]HOPE[/align]

[align=center]
Hope.jpg
[/align]

[align=left]Hope is definitely the more meek of the two. However, after having them out to play today I found out that she's a regular binky-queen! She was having a really good time and it was so heartwarming to watch. I'm a little concerned because I've not seen her pick at her food as much as her sister has. But she does know where the water bottle is and how it works. I just need to trust that she's getting what she needs. She loves to be held and cuddled, but she's also very independent in her own way. She's a pistol and I can't wait to see her personality develop even more.[/align]

[align=center]Hope & Faith[/align]

[align=center]
Babies1.jpg
[/align]

[align=left]For better or worse, these are my babies. I love them and it amazes me how they've managed to open my heart since losing Lennox. I am fostering two other does and haven't been able to bond with them...until today. The babies reminded me how lucky I really am and it's helped me let go of the past and start moving forward. They're amazing little girls and I'm blessed to have been given the opportunity to watch them grow. And I'm blessed too that they'll forever be my babies - even when they're all grown. I love them and I know all of you will too![/align]

[align=left]Please keep me and my babies in your thoughts and prayers. After all, they're teaching us all a valuable lesson: you gotta have faith (& hope)![/align]

I am alway going to read this blog now everytime it is updated they are so adorable.

I love how you have set out this blog and how you took the pics of them in the heart box.

I hope you can keep them as well you sound like you would make an awesome mum to them!

I just wrote up a very long post on how the babies are doing. And because the site was going so slow it disappeared on my when I tried to post it!

:(:grumpy::shock:- not happy.

Oh well, I guess you'll all just have to settle for some pictures for tonight ;).

[align=center]
Babies11.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
Babies16.jpg
[/align]
[align=left]I'll post more pictures along with my update hopefully tomorrow. Sorry it didn't work. I'm annoyed, but it's probably my own darn fault since I didn't make sure to copy it "just in case." Eh...what can you do? At least y'all got some cute pictures out of the deal.[/align]
[align=left]:dutch:dutch<--- Don't they look kinda like my babies? Ha ha![/align]

Aww, they are defiently not camera shy are they?
Nibbles trys to get as far away from cameras as possible, they've stuck their little noses into it!
Absolutly gorgeous.
Love from
Becca

Gosh, they are just gorgeous. What's the bunny equivalent to making this bunny mummy 'clucky' for another baby bunny?

I guess you mums with multiple bunnies have the nack of introducing new bunnies into your existing clan? I think I am still adjusting to the maintenance or as some of you RO's call it 'slavery'.

Cheers and thanks for the new photo's.
Mish

How about a little update? Pictures too, of course ;)!

It's absolutely amazing to me how much the two babies have grown in just a couple of days. They've been with me now for 4 full days and I can't believe how different they already look and act. And with each day they wriggle more into my heart. I honestly can't imagine my life without them!

They're both really great about drinking water and they figured out the water bottle very quickly so I'm thinking it's something they were probably exposed to in their previous home. They've also started to really munch on their pellets a lot more and that's taken a lot of fear from me. I love watching them eat! They also love, love, love their alfalfa hay. They play in it, chow down, and then play some more. It's so cute to watch them and their never-ending antics! And I know this may sound really funny, but their little poops are SO cute! They really are.

It's really been such a blessing to have them here. Not only have they helped me better understand kits and their needs, but they've really boosted my own emotional health. It's very difficult to stay upset or angry when watching two baby bunnies binky and play. And it's so interesting to see their personalities begin to come out. They're so different and they have such tremendous personalities for being so small. It's no wonder that me and my mom have fallen absolutely head over heels for these two girls!

[align=center]
FAITH[/align]

[align=center]
Faith2.jpg

[/align]

[align=left]Faith is still definitely the more independent of the two girls. She likes to do what she wants to do...when she wants to do it. She has no problem flicking her little feet at me as if to say, "get outta my way!" But she also loves to be cuddled. She will sit on my lap for hours and just melt as I pet her. And it's so cute to see her little ear twitch as I rub her in her favorite spot. She's been the first one to eat, drink, and play and she has little to no fear of anything or anyone. She even loves me dog! And she's my little licker. She will lick my nose when I put my face near hers. I know you want to say it, so just go ahead: "aww!"[/align]

[align=center]
HOPE[/align]

[align=center]
Hope3.jpg
[/align]

[align=left]Hopey is my little pistol. She's the follower of the group, but don't let that fool ya! And she's also my little binky princess. She loves to be outside of her cage running around and causing a general ruckus. She also likes to cuddle, but she needs to be basically up my nose to be comfortable. She loves to snuggle up by my neck and will hop, skip, and jump her way up there.[/align]
[align=center]
Hope & Faith

[/align]
[align=center]
Babies15.jpg
[/align]

[align=left]And, yes, they put themselves in that pose with no help from me :D. Don't you just love them?![/align]

They are so cute! That was very sweet of you to take them in! You are an Angel, there are so many buns needing homes, it's sickening:(. So glad to hear you took on the task for these sweet little ones.:big kiss:

Faith & Hope are growing up so fast and love the story of their emerging personalities (you have them pegged so well!).. You really need to post more photos as I'm just in love with them and need to make sure I know what they look like so that when I come to kidnap them I get the right ones! :p

They are so lovely, what cheeky little monkeys! Look at their naughty expressions :p.

I love this picture, they look like a couple of cowgirls ready for a showdown:

Babies16.jpg

Latest posts

Back