yogurt...................drops....................:)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjsara

Reaction score
i went to the pet store the other day and sinceall of you lovely people always say good things about yougurt drops idesided to buy some for little lyla well.........

she didnt want them she just ran away when i tried to giveher one so i just put t in her food dish and didnt give it anotherthought well..... that was a few days ago and when i was feeding herthis morning i desided to try again this time she almost tookof my hand lol . and after it wa gone she jumped on my lap and climedall over me ....

in conclusion this is the best product ever

this is an my anlisis of the bunny treats of happiness.

sara

Be careful, yogurt dops are very high in sugarand should be fed in VERY limited amounts. I refuse to feed them to mybunnies now because of the amount of sugar.

Cinn doesnt like those.. i would put those in herdish.. but then she takes them out, and leaves them there.. but myfriend and i have an idea on what to do with those! lol (we areprankster) were gonna have one our eat one! lol trick her into eatingone! hahahahaha! lol

I'm with You, Gjsara!!! :dude:

BEST TREAT EVER in this house too. They gobble them down like there'sno tomorrow. God forbid I accidentally knock the box over. Gotta handthem all out then whether it's time or not. All ears become alert.

I go light with them as well, but isn't it fun to see them zone in on it and then chew so fast?!

:)

I'm going to have to get some more after this bag of craisins is gone.Not everyone loves craisins in this place (Tucker), but Everybun DoesLove Those Yogurt Drops!

-Carolyn

i've gone off the idea of yogurt drops in a bigway recently and i found an old packet of them yesterday,which i bined but now i feel soooooo guilty cos they were clovie'sfavourates and its probleylike watching your mum bin amassive bar of chocolatein front of your eyes.

oh dear, i'm gonna be in trouble if he ever finds out.:X

*nepo* wrote:
[align=left]I can't post the story about yogurtdrops, it won't work:?. Here is the link if someone wants tosee the story:[/align]

u cant blame something on yogurt drops there are to many factors that go into it...

sara

gjsarawrote: ...u cant blame something on yogurt drops there are to manyfactors that go into it...

I can understand your enthusiasm for yogurt drops based upon Lyla'sobvious enjoyment, but the sugar issue is a validone. Having said that, moderation is the key to allthings,and if given very moderately, ogurt drops willprobably not cause undue harm.

Frequently the harm comes from several people giving multiple treats toa bun, unbeknowst to one another. If you're keeping track,and they are dispenced moderatlely, she'll survive. Afterall, sugar is good for us, either.

I agree the connection between cause and effect in the linkedarticle is not terribly clear, nor valid in my estimation.

Buck

Yoghurt drops are Daisy's favourite. I don't haveany in at the moment - gosh I'm so mean with treats! When I do thoughshe will have a couple now and again. Snowy wont eat them though I puta couple on his food bowl with his food once and he just dug them rightoff. I couldn't believe what I was seeing!

Vickie

bo would rather have a piece of banana, or someoats, cheerios, etc. Today, he got his first nibble ofstrawberry! Oooo he didn't want it...... AT FIRST! :p

i wasnt trying to unvalidate the sugar just tosay that the rabbit in the story may or may not of dug likethat because of the yougurt chips an i beleive it is much more liklythe rabbit did that as a nervous habbit, then because of something itate.

Guinevere used to get tons of those drops, beforeI was aware that they were in fact high in sugar ( never crossed mymind) They are given out occasionally, Gir doest care forthem, but Guin loves everything sugary or salty hehe. you sayyogie and ears dont swivel, but you say Cheerio and suddenly you have alapful of bunny!

how cute!!!! its funny when they get demandinggood thing rabbits dont have guns other wise we would all be introuble" give me the treat and knowone gets hurt"

lol i think rabbits have a secret network and their goal is to destroythe humans one house at at time chewing at wires and disabling ourelectric things .then they will take over the world :D

Greetings gjsara,

Reading over your original post, I didn't get the impression that youwere saying that yogurt drops were the healthiest thing ever foryour rabbits, just the best treat ever. Is that incorrect? Iknow you're very cautious as to the amount of treats you give yourbaby. You always have been.

That said about the yogurt drops, there was a time when yogurt was usedto help treat rabbits for certain things, but that theory had shifted acouple of years ago and now it's not advised. (Keeping in mind, theywere referring to fresh yogurt, but if all people had were the yogurtdrops, they'd do in a pinch.)

Pamnock and I were chatting about it and said that who knows if we'llfind out in the future if NutriCal was bad for our rabbits? There areno guarantees. Don't you wish there were?

Oh well. The more people that take interest in rabbits, the closer wecome to getting more precise information about them - hopefully.

:)

Hope all is well with you. Don't be such a stranger. I've missed you 'round these parts.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back