Yesterday's News Danger?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use it with my one bunny that I know won't eat it...but I may not be buying it again. I'm not sure if this was a while ago and it is safer now but it definitely causes me to think...
It was 2 years ago when my friend's bunny died and I wasn't sure if it was really the litter but I guess better safe than sorry.

wow, that's scary, I'm really glad that I don't use it and that I've always been reluctant to do so for some reason. I use world's best kitty litter which is a corn based litter and my bun doesn't have access to it ( can't eat it) because his litter box has a grate, it works really well for odor and scoops easy, i would recommend it any day but only if your rabbit cannot ingest it!

The top of the page you linked to says [font="Verdana,Sand,Arial,Geneva,Helvetica,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"]August 2004 - March 2005. Perhaps it is safer now?

I have been buying Yesterday's News for many years and will continue buying it. I have tried another type of litter in the past but rabbits did not like it. I do not recall finding any dangerous objects in the Yesterday's News that I have purchased.
[/font]

Yes I realize this is older but like I said it was 2 years ago that my friend's bunny died from what they think was eating it and he had found dangerous objects in the litter as well. SO that was 2009...I really hope that it is okay and will probably continue buying it as long as I make sure to inspect it, but it really causes you to think. I didn't really know if my friend's worries were founded until I came upon this website.

I have found small bits of hard plastic in it myself. The buns I used to use it for never ate it though. To be honest, I had pretty much forgotten about it since I no longer use that litter (for other reasons) but it's a pretty good thing to think about. I've never seen anything like metal in it though. Thatwould bescary. :expressionless

Latest posts

Back