yesterday news

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maomaochiu

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Tictac (the desginated girlfriend/soulmate to Maomaochiu)isusing yesterday newspaper pellets aslitter. how do I pick the poopsout?? i've been using chopsticks, but that takes a long timeeven for an experienced user like me :D

thanks!!

well, Haley, when i clean her litter box, someof the litter look dry and fine, so I do not want to waste them bythrowing everything out. I clean the box 2 times a day, and iknow i am a cheapie :D

Oh, okay. Have you tried putting something overthe litter like a stitching screen so the poos stay on top? I do thisfor Tumnus and Lucy and it works great.

I kind of thought thats why you would pick them out but I wasnt sure ;)

I just use my fingers too!!! I justmake sure I wash my hands after.... it is actually kind of gross nowthat I think about it. The screen is a good idea!!!

And here I was thinking I was the only one whoused my hands. :DI have to pick up Sylvester's"strays"and put them in his litter box. We're litter training.

I'll admit it too. I pick bunny poop up with myfingers all the time. It's dry, hard, and easy to do. I spot clean(poopies) their litter boxes at least two times a day with my fingers.
I'm OCD about clean litter boxes:dancing:

- Amy

Heres a link to PetBunny's blog on how to use a stitching screen. Its the best!

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=9548&forum_id=6&page=4

IMGA1034.jpg

where do i buy a stitching screen that fit the size of my litter box? just buy a piece of screen and cut it myself?

how about the pee stain on the screen? do you wash it often?

thanks!

It was so funny when I went to the craft store for this.

HaHa. You know I had to just tell them that it was for arabbit.But, yes, Yesterday's News has been great forme. Great. I am thinking ofswitching toFeline Pine though.

I do that at grocery stores too, when they ring the greens up, "for my bunnies" Hee Hee...

At a craft store, it will be in the yarn section and they called it ayarn canvas, if that doesn't ring a bell w/ them, then:dunno:. It's a canvas (stitching) though.

I got mine at Michaels, but Im sure any craftstore would have them. They are only like 60 cents each. Buy thebiggest ones you can and cut them to size.

Mine are white, so the pee does show up more. I just wash it with vinegar once every few weeks.

Yep, I use the stitching screens too with Yesterday's News and I just empty off the screen every day or vacuum it up.

________
Nadi

I buy large stitching screens at Walmart for 77 cents andone isbig enough for two litter boxes.

maomaochiu wrote:

how do I pick the poops out?? i've been usingchopsticks, but that takes a long time even for an experienced userlike me
When I first got Snuggy, I was in there with a spoon trying to get thepoops out each day, so I know how you feel! I cracked up whenI read about the chopsticks!

I tryed the screen idea too, got them atwalmart. Works really well litter last twice as long. I put the hayright on top, they don't seem to matter that they pee and poop onit..... I used a hay rack but snoopy likes it in his litter box. Hes apicky bun hates waterbottle too. I love yesterdays news but i can onlyever find it at petsmart i wish walmart would sell it. i don't likefeline pine though.

Yep same - hay rack hanging over the litter, but my buns pull it off the rack into the litter box and then eat it from there....

________
Nadia

Latest posts

Back