YAY! Cube cage building day!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
YAY!! Last night my husband, daughter,and myself went out and got all the things we've been wanting to makeMaisie's cube cage. We were even able to buy a littleunfinished whicker basket, and a dragongrass mat for her cage.

We bought dowels for reinforcement of the cage, and found the cubeswere on sale for about 50% off their original price! What agreat surprise!!

I'll let ya'll know how it goes. :D I'm so excited!!

This is Maisie when she sees her new cage, and realizes it's her new home...:bunnydance:

Dead bunny flops, here I come!!! :colors:

I will definitely post a picture of it when I can get a chance! :)

Maisie is having so much fun so far. She seems really happyto have all the room! The cage is two cubes high, three wide,and two deep. I put in two levels (one to help her reach thetop level. The top level is four cubes in a square, and thein-between level is just two side-by-side. I discovered thatmy bun isn't quite confident in the jumping yet, so I had to use acouple of the cubes for ramps in between each level.

She's so happy!! She's running around in the bottom levelbecause she's got so much more room...it's adorable!! She wasscared at first, and was going between her old cage and her new one,but now that she's checked almost everything out, she's havingfun. She has yet to get onto the top level, but I expect thatto happen soon.

Warning to those that are going to build a cube cage...my fingers arekillin' me from all those zip ties!! Lol...I'm sure to getblisters...but I was doing it by myself (mostly out of lack ofpatience) because my husband had to work today. Good thingwas my little 6yr old daughter was more than willing to help.She was a good little helper, too!

It's so nice to see my Maisie Bun so happy!! :D

Ok...here are some pictures of Maisie's cage...enjoy!

The captions will be above each picture...

This is a view of the whole cage.

rkn75v.jpg

Here you can get an idea of the levels...

rkn7h2.jpg

Good pic of Maisie on the top level, and of the mats we used on eachlevel (which she spends a lot of time eating and digging on).

rkn7sj.jpg

Maisie checkin' out the front door...

rkn89f.jpg

Maisie coming down from the first level.

rkn9rr.jpg

Anyway, there you go! That's her new palace!! :D

And this is her jumping for joy...

rkna7n.jpg

Well, running around, anyway! :D

Oh, quick explanation...you might have noticedthe large Budweiser box on the bottom floor of her cage...this was NOTfrom our consumption. My dad came to visit about a month ago,brought this huge box, drank about five cans of it, and forgot to takeit with him. Needless to say, as we are not drinkers, itsat...and sat....and sat in our fridge. Now it's beenconverted into a Bunny Hideout! YAY!! :D

What a great cage! If all goes well with theintroducing of Pebbles and Pepsi next month and they become friends Imay have to look into building one of those kidns of cages myself :).

:disgust:Maisie! I would have never guessed you were an alcholic! Tsk tsk... Bad girl! :wiggle

Fantastic cage! I know who's going to be bragging to her bunny friends about her new mansion! :)

What a fantastic home for ur bunny!

I bought some of the cubes a few weeks back....hopefully i can get round to building it very soon for Sami.

-Gillian

Wow that'sis fantastic! What a lucky wabbit and she's so cute! =;3

Btw, it's not a good idea to have bedding all over the bottom of thecage because the bunny will be confusedof where to poo, soshe will poo all over. Best to just keep the litter and poo in thelitter box. If he poos outside, scoop it back into thebox,she will get the hint.

We just got them at Target. I triedlooking online, and tried Lowe's...couldn't find them eitherway. So we decided to try Target, and BINGO!! :D

proxima centauri wrote:
I have yet to see Cube cages available at the hardware stores in here...

:(

nice work!

:)

Thanks so much for your compliments,guys!!:thanks:
moz-screenshot.jpg

I had fun making her home, but man, those zip ties were painful after awhile!! I had to take a break before putting the top panelon.

We're so happy it's done, and she can have fun while IN her cage, too!

:wiggle:yes::jumpforjoy:

proxima centauri wrote:
Now I wish there were Target stores in Canada.

Instead we're surrounded by the big Evil W-Mart :shock:

or
Home Depot
Rona
Reno Depot
Canac-Marquis (local)
I recently just made a NIC cage was well! I had a problem finding thecubes and luckily the only Target within a 200 mile radius is only 30miles from here. :colors:So I feel your pain... Wal-Marts are all overaround here! They are just about at every corner in the cities.:disgust:

proxima centauri wrote:
Now I wish there were Target stores in Canada.

Instead we're surrounded by the big Evil W-Mart :shock:

or
Home Depot
Rona
Reno Depot
Canac-Marquis (local)

I live in Canada and I bought some! I've seen them in Walmart,actually.. but only the white ones and they were more expensive and insmaller bundles, however I bought mine at Costco.. they had white,black, and multi-coloured and I got 30 grids for about 20 bucks. !!! Ittook me a while to find them, but I did! Check Walmartsshelving/houseware section.. sometimes they get them in. Costco hasthem on and off, I'm sure other places do too! :)

Keep your eye out at Costco. I checkedand there should be one in Quebec city. That's where I getmine. Super cheap, and a variety of colours, about $20 for 30panels. The only downside is, it's not a regular order, sosometimes they are in and sometimes not. Last time they hadthem in I bought four packages...

--Dawn

Vancouver is near were I live but I've neverseen them anywhere. I don't have a membership card to costco butsomeone I know might have them. Would they have them sometimes in allstores do you think? Are tehy called NIC cubes or something differentat costco?

Latest posts

Back