Yard Nibbling Safe?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galinfla

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been addressed already. I did a quick check and didn't see it.

My side yard has pavers and gravel, and weeds are starting to grow between them. I normally pull it all out by hand, but we had a ton of rain and now it's a disaster out there.

I never use any chemicals out there. His poo is all the fertilizer we use anywhere in the yard, and I always pull weeds by hand.

Today, I decided to let Rorschach out there to do a little "weeding" for me, but suddenly wondered- is that safe? Do domesticated rabbits know what not to eat, or will he devour everything within reach?

Try identifying the weeds. Rabbits can eat many of them. Then you only have to pull the unsafe ones and he can eat the rest :)

I'm sure there are identification guides on line. I have an old book of weed identification with pictures that is very helpful. My kids love to eat weeds!

Just search weed identification Florida & you should get sites for that. Once you've IDed the weeds search [plant name] toxic rabbit.

Latest posts

Back