X=ray

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the fluffies

Reaction score
I sent Shiro to has his x-ray yesterday. The vet took about 6 x-ray shots on Shiro. Now i feel like 6 shots is too much exposure for a rabbit, rite?

Will there be any side effect?

I helped the vet holding shiro. Some of the films shown my hands been x-ray too.. Is there anything i should worry?

Randy did not respond to my request to look at the x-rays ; he must be really busy :(

I am not sure about the effects from the x-rays. Usually the techs take a lot of precautions to prevent unnecessary exposure ; I am really thinking back to wearing a lead shield when my dentist takes dental xrays of my teeth.

Iam thinking that posssibly you could PM Pipp and ask her to have her vet take a look at the xrays;I believe that he has done his for her in the past. I am sorry that you are in this situation with so little assistance close to you :(

I too saw the x-rays but couldn't tell much other than that there was a lot of stuff in the intestines. I wasn't sure about the tooth roots but they looked a little long to me.

As for the damage, the dose is really quite small unless they were using out-of-date equipment. I wouldn't worry about that.

Angieluv,
Thanks. I hope Randy will reply it soon. I'll PM Pipp if she can help me with the x-ray.

Tonyshuman,
I called a friend (she's a doctor). She said exposure to x-ray once in a while is ok. As long as i put on that heavy jacket while helping the vet holding shiro during the x-ray.

Thanks, guys!

-nerq-

Usually people taking xrays wear a thyroid shield and a lead vest to protect glands and reproductive organs. A lot of xray exposure can be harmful, but 6 won't cause you any trouble at all.

Back