X pen flooring ideas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magick_mogwai

Reaction score
I've just bought an x pen as a secondary cage for Gandalf so I can move him from the den to the living area downstairs and outside with me. My only problem is that I have a laminate floor and he can't walk on it very well. What do people use as floors for their x pen? I want something cheap but obviously safe, nothing that will slip under his feet.

My rabbit doesn't seem to dig and is litter box trained, so we put down a cheap carpet that goes with the house decor.

My last rabbit would not hop on our tile floors if he didn't have to but my current rabbit doesn't seem to care at all-- I think his big holland lop feet give him lots of traction lol :)

If your rabbit is a digger (Like all of mine!) a sheet or blanket won't work but I've heard and seen many people use coroplast (Think that's spelt wrong) as a bottom for the x-pen like people use for NIC grid cages. Lino like previously mentioned is good also.

I bought the big foam tiles like jigsaw tiles and they are great, easy to clean and you can replace easily if one of them gets ruined. Mine have nibbled around the corners and in some places inside but I've had them down now since October and we're still going strong. Easy to clean as well. The ones I have look like wood so they look good as well.

for mine i use a tarp on the bottom, that way i can just take it outside and hose it off for cleaning.

Latest posts

Back