WV State fair

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxMontanaxX

Reaction score

Well today was my first time at the state fair, first time being around so many rabbits, and first time seing a flemish giant, and angora in person, and first time watching a rabbit show. I only had time to watch them show the nethies, but still, it was so exciting watching a show. I wanna go to more rabbit shows. But they had no english lops, which was sad. But they had so many gorgeous rabbits, it was crazy. I even got to pet an angora because some lady was holding it before the show and let me pet her, she was so soft and gorgeous, I want one.

A few pictures (I wont post too many haha, I have lots)

74779936ky2.jpg

13oo0.jpg

12rx7.jpg

75130799os7.jpg

40632527wo6.jpg

14us6.jpg

29710052da4.jpg

47524431wf2.jpg

30456011io6.jpg

10cr1.jpg

very cool... i love the one with the hair covering its eyes.. is that the angora? the rex's look so soft! Glad you had a great time!

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
XxMontanaxX wrote:

Why is this rabbits ear blue?

I'm just guessing, but most fairs write coop numbers in the rabbits right ear so they are put back into the correct cage after showing. The coop number may have been rubbed out and smeared.

Pam

XxMontanaxX wrote:
first time seing a flemish giant, and angora in person, and first time watching a rabbit show.
Lucky you getting to see a Flemish at your first show. I've been to about 6 shows and not one of them had Flemish Giants. I've seen many English Angoras as one lady who has some of the best in Canada win BIS at our shows.

Thanks for the great pictures. Is it your Kodak that you are using for the shots?

6 shows? You're the lucky one. Maybe your seventh will be a charm and you'll get to see some. They had about 5 flemmies at the fair for me.

No, I used my dad's Sony cybershot for these photos. I should have changed the setting so the photos wouldn't have been so dark.

What did you think of the giants? Pretty cool, huh? There were some at the show I went to years ago as stated below, they were laying down and reminded me of golden retrievers:shock:.

I wish there were some around here! I went to one at our Civic Center years ago, butI didn't see the show part,just walked round seeing all the buns in cages. There were so many there it was crazy!

I love this little cutie!

12rx7.jpg

Great pics! I have seen Angora's at most of my shows. A friend of my family's breeds and shows them. My mom loves them and wants one. Not getting one though because of the brushing involved!

Latest posts

Back