Wrangler is driving me up the wall!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrittsBunny

Reaction score
Ever since we moved into our new place (a studio apartment) a little less than a month ago, Wrangler has been the enegizer rabbit. He has a lot more space to romp around and he's loving every minute of it. But he also seems to want more attention from me - almost to the point where it's obonxious. Don't get me wrong, I am flattered that he looks to me that way, but the pawing, scratching, and biting needs to stop (especially the biting).

The other night I was in the kitchen and he ran over to me, got on his hind legs and pawed/scratched at my leg frantically then ran off. I was also in the bathroom and he ran in and did the same thing. I have also been siting on the couch and he'll nudge my foot and then nip at my toes. And what really drives me up the wall is when I am sitting on the couch with my laptop, the cords are everywhere (I put them up otherwise so that he can't reach them), and he'll come over and pick up the cords with his mouth!! He KNOWS he's not suppose to! I'll tell him NO! and he'll run off and then do it again, and again, and again! It's like he KNOWS it gets my attention! Another thing he was doing the other night is SLEEPING with me on the couch. Although he kept jumping on and off throughout the night, I woke up with a bunny bottom in my face! Talk about clingy! So unlike him!

And yes I give him plenty of loving! And treats! I'll lay on the floor and give him rubs and kisses...I'll shake the treat box and he'll chase me arount the apartment...he gets loads of love and attention and I just don't understand this new behavior. Does he need a friend? After our last incident with his previous ex-bunny girlfriend; it's made me not want to get another one...I always thought Wrangler was just fine being solo...but now I'm starting to reconsider...

BTW Wrangler is fixed and has been for over 2 year now - just thought I would add that little fact in there.

What do y'all think? What's gotten into him?

He looooves you! Dusty will start chewing the books on the bookshelf and we'll say NO! And then she'll wait until were not paying attention to her and start again! Its cute but annoying but I'd rather have a sassy buun than a bun who just sits in the corner all day.

Dustiechick wrote:
He looooves you! Dusty will start chewing the books on the bookshelf and we'll say NO! And then she'll wait until were not paying attention to her and start again! Its cute but annoying but I'd rather have a sassy buun than a bun who just sits in the corner all day.
Oh yes I completely agree! I would much rather have him beingsassy than a boring rabbit! It's just in the last couple of months he's become quite the socialite! But like I said above, he used to never be like this!

Latest posts

Back