Wow.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeposten

Reaction score
Last night I was taking some pictures in theliving room. After that I went upstairs, and stayed there for the restof the night. I left my digital camera on the coffee table. At thattime it was working perfectly.

I have 3 housemates. My boyfriend and two of our male friends. One ofthe guys also had his girlfriend over. They were all up and down thestairs for the rest of the evening.

No drinking or strange/rowdy behavior occured.

When I came downstairs the morning I found my camera on top of the TVstand. I turned it on to find that the LCD pannel was cracked, leavingmy INCREDIBLY EXPENSIVE $500 digital camera broken.

Now, no one is owning up. My boyfriend says he knows nothing about it. And I believe him. But everyone else says the same thing.

Now I'm VERY angry and not sure what to do.

A cracked LCD isn't covered by my warranty because it's physical damage, but no one is saying anything.

What should I do?

-Amy

Nothing you really can do. I work at Radioshackand anything that is accidental damage is never taken back or credited.Sometimes if it looks like it could be written off some companies willsend it off to repair and see if they'll take it. Otherwise I hate tosay that I think you're going to have to buy a new one. You might checkon e-bay for a nice one or an overstock online website. A big one in USis overstock.com. Also if you had the warrenty on it you might doublecheck to see if it covers accidental damage.

Thats crap. I feel so bad for you.

I know how you feel. Last year I lived with my boyfriend and twofriends. I had my laptop out on the dining room table when I went tobed. When I woke up, it smelled hot and wouldnt power on.

Turns out, the motherboard was fried from someone spilling liquid onit. So, my 400 warranty wouldnt cover the damage bc it was accidental.I was so mad and no one would own up to it.

Some people just suck..

I don't know how it works over there, but herewe have home and contents insurance. My OH accidentallykilled our widescreen TV and I was able to claim a new one. Idid have to pay an excess, and my premium for the year went up by about£4, but I got a better TV for a tiny amount of money.

If Amy is in a rental, the home owner'sinsurance may not cover rental contents. We note in ourrental contracts that tenants should consider purchasing their owninsurance to cover their belongings.

I'm really sorry to hear about your camera Amy. I know youmust be very upset, especially that no one is owning up to damagingyour camera.

You might want to contact the police to explore optionsto at least get someone to pay for part of the damage.

In the future, I would be careful to lock-up all valuables.

Pam

Thank you to everyone who has given suggestions.

No one has admitted that they are at fualt yet, but I think that I maythreaten to file a police report. Hopefully that will scare some senseinto whoever did it.

I guess I never really thought to lock things up because we are allsuch good friends (or at least I thought we were) and ADULTS. I knowthat if I damaged anything that didn't belong to me that I would ownup. From now on I will be more careful.

I guess the thing that is making me the most upset is the fact thatsomeone is being dishonest with me. I would have been more than willingto work something out with whoever broke it, or even just forget thewhole thing depending on exactly how the camera was broken (accidentshappen). I just hate the fact that someone is being dishonest.

-Amy

P.S. Yes, I rent. Currently I am looking in to getting some sort ofinsurance that would cover my other valuables (thanks for thesuggestion, Pam).

are you still under your parents insurance?sometimes their insurance will pay for your stuff if you rent, as longas your permanent address is still at their house...is it?

for renters, they have renters insurance for pretty cheap,like15-20 bucks a month. I dont know how it would work withregards to it being a roommate who did it, it might just cover breakingand entering/hazards etc.

Its just too bad that someone wont own up...Does this mean no more Oswald and Alfred pics for a while?

Latest posts

Back