Would this work/be ok?- Rabbits and sheds

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PikaPika

Reaction score
Uhhhhhhhhhh
hi?
Idk how to start lol
I guess... My mom believes that rabbits are meant to live outside and smell and the only way for me to get a bunny is to keep it outside 0-0
It was hard to keep telling myself I wouldn't be able to get a rabbit if I HAD to keep it in a hutch outside.
Until it "hit" me today.
Sheds!
haha, sorry for my weirdness

Ok let's get to the point here lmao:
I was looking on The Home Depot website and found a cheapish shed (compared to other sheds) that has 100+ square feet. The inside is splintery but it'd be covered with something to help with the splinteryness (lol)
It gets cold in winter where I am so I would have 1-3+ heaters in the winter depending on how cold it is. They would be brought inside if it drops below zero.
Thoughts?

My rabbits live in a shed that I added insulation to. They get pretty hot though, especially in a sunny area. I have an AC system hooked up to my shed

Well, how cold does it get where you live? Rabbits can deal with cold much better than with heat, with an insulated hutch shielded from the elements -15°C are not much of a worry. Apart from their water (I use silicon heating pads under their crocks).

So a shed with hidey houses would be ok, even unheated. But no windows would be not ok- I even added windows to my wood hutches that are wire on the door side anyway, and you'll need to make sure there's enough ventilation, to get moisture out to prevent mold and to prevent ammonia buildup.

Since rabbits almost have no bare skin anywhere splinters aren't really a danger for them, going over the worst spots with sandpaper will be enough. But I can tell that doing it thoroughly for your own good is a good idea :D

Latest posts

Back