Would Like Your Advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindy10

Reaction score
Hi everyone this is Blossom's mom!! I need advice about my job. I worked at a place for 6 years raising money to give the teachers newspapers in the classroom for free. Well the money was drying up because noone wanted to give money anymore. The job started to bore me. Well I took a job at as a bookeeper (I have no experience in this) doing foreclosures for a law firm. THe job is very overwheming. Lots and losts of detailed paperwork which I suck at!! I sit in a big room with two other bookkeepers. The first week my boss scramed at me because I made a mistakes. You know Melinda you cant be making these mistakes this job is a detailed job and if you make mistakes then we all go down so you need to slow it down girl. Well it was not said nicely the whole time she screamed. Two weeks later I entered an invioice the wrong way and she screams seriously Melinda. Seriously are you friggin kiddin me!! Well the problem was fixed you just have to void the invoice!! I dont do well when yelled at. It makes me very anxious inside. SInce I started the job I lost 10 pounds which is not a good thing becaue I was only 125 to begin with. I can work on 10 invoices and get 8 right and two wrong and its oh well why did you get these two wrong don't you know what your doing> Well let me tell you that every file you work on is done differently from the previous one and thats why its so confusing. Well my old boss asked me to come back and he would give me more hours. I use to work 20 and he will give me 32 and more responsibilities so i wont be bored. I just feel like a loser walking away from a job I do find absorbing after only 3 months. Any opinions. FIrst of all the new boss will always yell because Im sure I will at sometime make more mistakes its only human nature!! Thanks

It sounds like your current kob is more than the average stress, and abusive, too. She could get in big trouble for talking go you like that. If you can afford to, go back to your other job. If not., id still go back to the other job until you find something else.

No reason a boss should treat anyone like that.

I think you should go back to the old job but keep thinking about what your strengths & weaknesses are, so you know what jobs would or wouldn't be good for you.

It seems like there are 2 problems with the job: your boredom, which may or may not be fixable and the fact that it may not last that much longer, if fund sources are drying up. I don't see how you can fix the latter.

If you were a fund-raiser, there are many charities that could use your skills. If you were involved more with the newspapers, maybe you could do the same kind of thing with web-based media.

It's not being a loser to recognize that the new job isn't matching your skill-set. You'd be losing to stay there.

Thanks guyes I can definately afford to go back to the old job. It just was I was there 6 years and getting bored. But I will get new responsibilities when I go back plus do my old job too. So as long as im busy im happy at work. Just thinking how to word it to the new boss why I want to leave. Thanks again Mindy

Mindy10 wrote:
Thanks guyes I can definately afford to go back to the old job. It just was I was there 6 years and getting bored. But I will get new responsibilities when I go back plus do my old job too. So as long as im busy im happy at work. Just thinking how to word it to the new boss why I want to leave. Thanks again Mindy

I agree with the others. Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses.

It shouldn't be too difficult to explain to your current boss that this job simply isn't working out for you or for her. She obviously isn't pleased and you are better off going somewhere that can utilize your strengths.

Latest posts

Back