worried about Izzy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
Just noticed Iz has some red spots in herbathroom corner. It's just since yesterday...trying to decide what itis and if I need to worry.

It is a bright red...but I know red urine can look like that too....andit's cold....and let's see, she had a bit of dried oak leaf, which isthe only difference in diet I can think of.

She nearly bowled me over to get to the food, seems active, happy,eats, drinks and poops well....I flipped her over and can't seedischarge....my last doe died of uterine adenocarcinoma and thedischarge was obvious, plus she stopped eating and wasn't that active.

They are all sitting hunched in little fluffy balls right now, so Ithink that part is normal. She leaps up when she sees me and last I sawwas enthusiastically chasing her bread around the cage.

She's had this once before, last year in the fall....again seemed normal but had a bit of red under the cage. It soon went away.

Carolyn, could you remind me what Fauna acted like when she had herUTI? And does someone have that link to the red urine site? I'm goingto check out my book now...and thinking of having her spayed....

Rose

rabbitgirl wrote:
Carolyn, could you remind me what Fauna acted like when shehad her UTI? And does someone have that link to the red urine site? I'mgoing to check out my book now...and thinking of having her spayed....

Rose

She was straining to go to the bathroom, was less mobile,andhada bitof awet tail. All otherbehaviors seemed normal. I was informed by Kathy Smith that Ishould get her to the vet immediately because UTIs can quickly become abigger problem. When in doubt, I think I'd have someone lookat her and do a urine test on her.

This is the post you're looking for:http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=2727&forum_id=1

Will say a prayer she's okay.

-Carolyn

Am guessing it's just red urine. Or hoping,rather. No wet tail, no sign of discharge, active.....and this hashappened before....

I'm keeping an eye on her.

Rose

Latest posts

Back