Worms?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loppalove

Reaction score
i have an english lop doe that has suddenly lost a lot of weight, she is an intermediate grand champion doe, that has lovely type and bone...so being a bit gangly is not usual for her at all. She is also showing a bit of irritation in her left ear, when i rub it for her, she literally kicks her leg like a dog would when you scratch them.

I am wondering if she maybe has a parasite that can be causing this, (i am 80% sure thats what this is all about) but I am wondering, is there a rabbit wormer? What do you use if anything in a situation like this? Nobody else in my rabbitry is showing any symptoms like this at all, so would I need to worm everyone just to be safe?

Thanks in advance :)

I would have her tested for worms. No sense de-worming if that's not the problem.

Pam

well, its not worms...i found out this afternoon she was wormed 8 weeks ago by her breeder that i purchased her from. (i have had her 3 weeks). We installed a J feeder on her cage today, previously she had been eating out of a plain dish, and I am beginning to wonder if she hasnt been dumping it over rather than eating it. So now with the J feeder installed I am hoping she will get more consistent feeding. I also added some calfmana and black oil sunflower seeds (just a little) to her diet, in the effort to put weight on her before the show this month. I also cleaned her ears out with mineral oil, YUCK, they were dirty..hopefully this will help with her scratchy ears.

Thanks for your advice Pam, it is always appreciated. :purplepansy:

Latest posts

Back