World's Biggest Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BrittsBunny wrote:
Myia09 wrote:
He honestly doesn't even look that large.
Yeah that's what I thought too.I thought theFlemish rabbits were the largest :?

I may be wrong but I thought the Continental Giants were the largest.

Jen

Continental is the largest, but they are not readily available in the US.

BUT that being said, he still doesn't look large at all..he looks like most average flemish giants (22lbs)

Yeah I totally agree with you Myia. The Guiness Book of Records said 'soley by length' not weight.

There's no way that rabbit is 50lbs. It looks to me around 3 times the size of the smaller rabbit. Say the smaller rabbit is a hefty 10lbs, which it most certainly doesn't look. I wouldn't put that Continental at more than 30/35lbs at most.

Not that I'm an expert at judging weight by eye lol!!!! I'm acting as if I am hahahaha

Jen

50 lbs? That's either one huge bunny or very overweight. :shock:
I'm guessing just overall big though since he stands 4 feet 3 inches tall.

I like the fact Guinness World Records goes by length instead of weight to prevent people from making their rabbit's obese just to get in the record book. It's sad though to think people would do that just to have a short moment in the spotlight.

Here is a video of Darius

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/SbADYnhHtGg[/flash]

Eh, hard to say for me. In the video he looks pretty darn hefty. Not overweight, just bulky. Muscle i guess.

He definitely looks big, but compared to a flemish, assuming 20lbs, he doesn't look more than twice as big. And he doesn't look nearly as big as a 50lb dog which I would imagine has more muscle and less flub. Plus, I think Conti's are in the 20-30lb range, so what breed would this guy be? And if he was a particular breed, why aren't there other rabbits close in size to him? I don't think you're going to get a bunny 20-25lbs larger than their breed standard just randomly.

I believe the claim of 50lbs is a mistake. Here is an article about some of the other "biggest bunnies": http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/mar/27/animalbehaviour

The largest one in this article is only 35lbs (and was owned by the lady who owns this current bun). So if the largest bunny in the world previously was only 35lbs, where is this 50lb bun coming from? I think it's a mistake or misinformation.

And why is she giving him whole apples....? (with the pips I mean). And why give him 12 carrots EVERY day? He's, let's say, 35lbs, so my Pippin is just under 1/5th of his weight. Should I be feeding Pippin 2 1/2 carrots a day? No.

Sorry. I just had to point that out lol.

Laura thanks for finding that information. That kind of pretty much confirms that he can't possibly be 50lbs and STILL growing. Although- that video just uploaded by Happibun says he is 49lbs (3 and a half stone).....so...?

But he honestly can't be. It's like saying a Yorkshire Terrier is like 15kg. Just no. Lol
Jen

He doesn't look like 50lbs...Maybe 30, if that...
I really don't like how he's eating cabbage and SO much carrots...seriously, 12 a day? That seems like WAY too much.
Carrots contain a lot of sugar.

Emily

Latest posts

Back