Woohoo - found some wood pellets!! Yeah! for super cheap too!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweetiepy

Reaction score
When I first got our bunny in April, the pet store recommended the wood pellets for the litter - they had small bags for about $9.00 so I bought one. When I was close to running out, I had gotten info here about where to get some and I tried to find any. Well as winter was over, any bags of the "stove" pellets were thrown out - WHAT!? so I ended up back at the pet shop for the small $9 bag!

I went into home depot for something else this weekend and spotted a bag (40 lbsI think) for $9 something - this is bigger than the last bags (almost 4 times bigger!) and when I got to the cash, it was only $6.71 I think! If I could have carried it, I would have bought a second one! Now I have to find a container to store this!

I'm so happy finding this! Sorry, is it bad for getting excited about litter? :confused2:

You had the same reaction I did when I found litter. I had been looking for almost a year before I found some will never go back even use it for my cat now.

That's awesome. I would recommend buying enough to last you a while so you don't have to end up back at the pet store for it. You don't have to buy it all now, but don't wait until the last minute. If you know that a store will get rid of it, ask them if they can contact you when they are getting rid of it so you can buy it.

As for as storage goes, I just keep it in the bag. However, if you do want to have a container, use a big rubbermaid type one. You don't need a giant one, but a medium size should work.

Tweetiepy wrote:
I'm so happy finding this! Sorry, is it bad for getting excited about litter? :confused2:

Hey we are Bunny people. We are happy when our bunnies have normalpoop. :p

I keep several bags on hand in the basement. I pour about5-6 pounds into a small box and keep it by the rabbit cage.

I keep a 120 pounds on hand at a time but I also keep a bale of hay on hand so they run out about the same time. I buy hay and Bedding once a year.

Yay!

I stock up at Agway - we buy about 7 bags per year and fill the trunk up, then store them in our garage. It's nice that they'll fill up your trunk, so you don't have to worry about being able to carry them out of the store or anything.

Latest posts

Back