Woody Pet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubled checked and it is 100 percent naturalwood. All pine and when I changed MH's pan today it looked just likethe wood pet. It expands.

Just in case some missed this on the "Shavings" thread:

JimD wrote:
Here are a few of the othermanufacturers that make products that are similar to Woody Pet:

ABM
Dry Den
Equi-Litter
Equinepine
Gentle Touch Products
Guardian Horse Bedding
Lone Star Bedding
Magnum Horse Products
Pine Stall Horse Bedding
Pinnacle Pine Horse Bedding

Kaytee also make a wood pellet litter, but it is VERY expensive incomparison. Some people have use Feline Pine with good results, too.

~JimD

This is what Woody Pet emailed me....

[align=left]Woody Pet Bedding is recommended for animals with allergiesto specific wood species asWP Beddinghas theallergens removed. Mostanimalswith allergies topine, cedaror other specific wood species will show anamazing improvementwith the associated skin problems andtheirrespiratory system two to seven daysafterswitching to Woody Pet Bedding in their stalls, cages and litter boxes.Woody Pet Bedding consists of 100% natural softwood (fir, spruce& pine)fiberwith absolutely noadditives.Woody Pet Bedding hasupto99% of the dangerous aromatic hydrocarbonsremoved.Eliminating the aromatic hydrocarbons automaticallycreates a cleaner, healthier environment foryou &your animals. It is these aromatic hydrocarbons which aggravate skin& respiratory allergies.It is environmentallyfriendly and does decompose faster than shavings as up to 99% of thetars, oils, resins &toxins have been removed. [/align]

[align=left][/align]

[align=left]I switch out Pebbles litter box 2 to 3times a day, and scoop out the wet stuff and discard rightaway, so I have no smell, and Pebbles is kept asclean as possible. Yes I am a slave. :D[/align]

[align=left]Rainbows! :D[/align]

What all this boils down to is that Woody Pet isno longer what it used to be!!! With 39 rabbits, I cannotafford (money, or time wise) to change my litter, everyday!!!As it is "breaking down" to sawdust so quickly, my rabbits are having"a hay day" kicking it all over the place!!! My buns are nothappy with it!!! It used to be that I could change my boxes,once every week....this chore, by itself, takes over 3 hours.Each box gets 1 to 1 and a half gallons, depending upon the size of thebun or, how many are using that particular box. It used to bethat, maybe, on the 6th day I could detect litter box odors.....now, myboxes stink on the 3rd day!! I cannot afford to spend another3 to 6 hours a week, just cleaning litter boxes.

I wrote them....asking about their production changes...they have not responded.
I mentioned that I did not mind the recent increase in price (65 centsper bag) that has been passed onto me, due to their higher productioncosts. What I object to is their
changing their product, to make us use more...."to rip us off".

So, off to the suppy houses I go to find a, reasonably priced, solution to my problem.

I know what you mean Doots. It is alot of workwith alot of buns. I usually change his pan every so manydays with thegardian brand. I went down to walmart and got their wood pellets thatis 100 percent natural wood.

Just before I used the wood pellet I had to change his pan everday withthe gardian in the recent bag I bought. I just started to use the woodpellet and I changed his pan every 3 to 5days. Their pelletsare bigger and it does not break down to dust quickly. Depending onwhat was going on or how bad it looked and smelled.

I hope you find something cheaper and more effective. Share if you do. :D

Here is an update on JimD's list on Wood Pellets.

ABM (Advanced Bedding Management)
Dragon Mountian
Dry Den
Dry Stall
Equi-Litter
EquineFresh
Feline Pine
Gentle Touch Products
Guardian Horse Bedding
J.P. McCrumb Woodshavings
Kaytee
Kentucky Komfort
Lone Star Bedding
Magnum Horse Products
Norstar Pellet Bedding
Pine Stall Horse Bedding
Pinnacle Pine Horse Bedding
Woody Pet

Rainbows! :)

dootsmom wrote:
What all this boils down to is that Woody Pet is no longer what it used to be!!!

I wrote them....asking about their production changes...they have not responded. What I object to is their
changing their product, to make us use more...."to rip us off".

AMEN!

That's what I was saying in the Shavings thread, and what Buck was eluding to when he posted about them soaking up the profits.

-Carolyn

Gaurdian works good for me, i try and change itdaily since they got little corner boxes, but I only have two:bunnydance:'s so i can understand about the time and money it wouldcost if I had many many :bunnydance:'s.

Cristy

Charlotte, you may want to check outABM. The local feed and grain or farmers exchanges have itand it's cheaper than Woody Pet. Here is their web site.

http://www.abmanimalbedding.com/

Also our TSC has 30 pound bags of something labeled Horse Bedding thatappears the same as Woody Pet and is made in the same area ofCanada. I can't find it on their online web site but it coststhe same as Woody Pet.

TSC has 40 pound bags of Hardwood Heat, hard wood pellets for woodburning stoves. 40 pounds is $4.50 without tax.It's cheaper than Woody Pet. Home Depot may have the samestuff.

The Guardian web site

http://www.guardianhorsebedding.com/pinepellets.htm

says the pellets are are super heated to remove tars, oils andhydrocarbons to eliminate dust and allergans. Doesn't give aprice for the 40 pound bags.

Bumping for Charlotte.

I got a 35 pound bag of Eagle Valley ABM at the farmer'sexchange today. It was a dollar cheaper than 30 pounds ofWoody Pet.The Woody Pet I got last week isdefinitely not the same quality. Boxes need to be changedevery night now. The exchange owner said he stopped carryingWoody Pet and feels the ABM is a better quality. I'll let youknow howour 'pee testing ' goes.

http://www.abmanimalbedding.com/contact.htm

Here is their contact page. They are in British Columbia andhave an e-mail and toll-free # for inquiries. Apparently theyhave a lotof distributors in the US.

zoecat6 wrote:
I've switched to another brand that is more like woody petwas in the beginning with the bigger pellets,and I amextremely happy with it. The brand name is Marth.

Is Marth a brand of wood stove pellets? I couldn't find a product by them that was intended for bedding or litter purposes.

~JimD

zoecat6 wrote:
Ibought Marth at an animalfeed store, and its used for thesame purpose as woody pet.
Okay...searched a bit more and found it.....Marth Animal & Reptile Pellet Bedding.

http://www.marthwood.com/shave.htm

***adds to list of manufacturers***;)

~JimD

bump

Maybe we could have a pinned topic with the best of bedding posts and links to bedding web sites?

When I went to buy syringes at TSC I swear the horse bedding had gone from $5 something to $8.00!!!!

That would be a good thing to put in the Bunny 101 section. I'll forward this request to Naturestee, who is in charge of that section.

I just posted today in the Woody Pet thread that when I picked mine up today it was $5.68 a bag! :XWhen I first started buying it it was somewhere around $4.75 I think.

I sure like the stuff, but I know there are other choices out there and that's a big jump in price for a product in such short time. I will be checking outother options.

Raspberry

It was the 'no name' horse bedding that jumped in price almost $3.00. I didn't see any Woody Pet at all in TSC. I didn't ask what the deal was because I forgot by the time I got the register. The Tack Shop near here sells Guardian so I am trying that next.

Latest posts

Back