Woody Pet In The Pittsburgh Area

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeposten

Reaction score
Today my boyfriend surprised me with 120 lbs ofWoody pet as part of my birthday gift. He got it at Glenshaw Feed andGarden Center.

1645 Butler Plank Rd
Glenshaw, PA 15116
(412) 487-5559

It's about 15-20 minutes north of Downtown (depending on traffic). Theysell 30 lb bags of Woody Pet for $7. You can also pick up large plasticbins to store your litter and pet food. They're $5 each and hold twobags of Woody Pet.

Hope this info is helpful!

-Amy

Happy Birthday! That is so cool ofyour bf! I went to Petsmart today, I looked for Woody, butdidn't see it. My hubby knows I'm looking for it and hedrives all over the state for his job, so maybe I'll be able to getsome!

Remember the famous scene in Scarface where AlPacino is sitting at the desk with all of his, ahem white gold (keepingthings here on RO PG)? Is it odd that I want to do something similar tobask in the greatness of my Woody Pet?

:embarrassed:
-Amy

Your boyfriend is awesome! Mine needs to takesome pointers from yours(although he did house Maxfor a year when he and Basil hated one another, and he does take reallygood care of them when Im not home). But rabbit stuff for my birthday?never! lol

Im going tomorrow to stock up on my litter supply. Although Im hearingthat TSC is going to stop carrying it and just carry the equinepine...I think thats just as good though.

Snuffles: not sure where youre located, but checkwww.mytscstore.comto seeif theres one near you. If not, you can call around to any feed storesand they should have some sort of wood pellet. Its so cheap too!

Oh, and Amy HAPPY BIRTHDAY (again) :toastingbuns:birthday:party:

We do have TSC here, yay. I'll havehubby look for it. Does anyone know if you can use Woody Petfor a cat? I'd like to get one kind and use for bunnies andthe cat.

Thanks.

as far as I know, its safe for pretty much all animals.

Also, FYI, I went to TSC yesterday and they didnt have any Woody Petanymore. They do, however, carry Equine Pine, which is essentially thesame thing. Ive done some research and spoken with my vet andeverything I can find indicates that its just as safe as woody pet.

Cool, thanks Haley. Now, if I can justget Snuffles to keep the darn litter IN his pan. He keepsdigging it out and it's all over his cage and makes himsmell. I'm hoping he'll get it. ;)

Have you seen the setup that PetBunny uses forPebbles? He puts a stitching screen over the litter to separate poopsout. Then scoops out the soiled litter. I use it too and it worksgreat. I think it helps diggers too because they cant really get at thelitter.

No, don't think I have seen it. Thanksfor letting me know. I think that's what I'll have to end updoing. But, he is kinda new to litter pan. As I'vementioned before on here, the peeps that had him before me just hadbedding in the whole cage most of the time and he just went whereeverin the cage. That def stinks, I don't like that atall. At least if he doesn't get used to it, I have thatoption of the screen.

How is the screen held down? Could it be dug up at all?

Haley wrote:
youcan get the screens at Michaels or other craft stores and then cut themto size. I suppose if your bun was determined he couldlift it right up,but its worth a try ;)
I decided that I would try the craft screen in place of the plastic grid I normally use.

Binkie thought it was great that the poops stayed on the top so shecould fling them all over the room like she was playing knock-hockey.The puppy had fun gobbling up the erant "treats". Most of the "pucks"ended up in Tootsie's pen. If you could have seen the forlorn look onTootsie face.
Looks like we'll stick to the grid that lets to poops fall through.

I wish my bunnies were as well behaved as Pebbles.

`jim

For those of you in the Pittsburgh area, WoodyPet is also available at the new Animal Friends shelter on Camp HorneRoad in their pet store at retail price. And you'll be helping out theshelter if you buy it there.

Latest posts

Back