Wood stove pellets, what's their REAL use?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweetiepy

Reaction score
Dumb question I know. I use them in the litter and they work great, mine swell up to about 50 times their original size. I love them! But what are they really used for in the wood stoves?

They are for use in a pellet stove--a wood burning stove uses logs, is messy and inefficient. The pellet stove has a holding bin and an auger assembly controlled by the thermostat, so the warmer it's set the faster the auger turns dropping pellets into the combustion pot where air is forced thru by fans to burn the pellets at a higher rate. Way more heat than a wood stove and less mess. Used to have to clean the wood stove every three days and got ash all over. The pellet stove we used to heat the same house only had to be cleaned every other week with way less ash and no mess. Our barbeque is the same thing--a Traeger Pellet smoker, the best in the world, especially for Prime Rib.

Used in wood pellet stoves. My parents heat their house with one and buy pallet loads of pellets in the summer in prep for the winter. I buy my bags off them...they are $4 a piece.

buns2luv wrote:
My parents heat their house with one and buy pallet loads of pellets in prep for the winter.
Oh that's where all the pellets went.;) The stores usually have 1 or 2 pallets on the floor for sale.

Besides using it for litter, I have a couple of bags in the car for weight driving in snow.

Latest posts

Back