wood pellet question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoh

Reaction score
I usually buy Equine Fresh from Tractor Supply but I am getting low and the TS is about 45 minutes away. I was in Home Depot last night looking at their wood stove pellets, they all said "hardwood" pellets, I couldn't see where it said Pine or any other specific wood. I also noticed as I was pinching one of the pellets through the bag that they seem softer than the horse bedding pellets. I know alot of you have said that you use the wood stove pellets but are these the right ones?

Thanks, Joy

lots of people use wood stove pellets, you have to make sure that it says kiln dried and that there are no accelerants used in them. Accelerants are chemicals, i believe , that are used to make them ignite easier w hen in the pellet stove.

Oh! I will have to check out Home Depot! I'd love to buy in 'bulk' rather than semi-monthly trips to the pet store...

P.S. Fran, I love your quote about PMS!!!!!:p

The wood pellets I use are from a pet store, but they're sold as horse stall bedding or wood stove fuel. What luvmyzoocrew said is good. Mine are compressed wood dried pine--leftovers from the lumber industry so it's cheap and environmental.

The last time I was at Home Depot, they told me they didn't carry wood pellets anymore. I had to go to Revy, or the HomeHardware Store.

20p6gbs.jpg

This is the wood pelletsI have. It doesn't say what type of wood it is, but it could be any type of softwood combinations. I think the key here is on the lower bottom right of the bag that says Meets or Exceeds P.F.I Specs for Premium Pellet fuel, that sets the standard on how they are made and that they contain less than 1% inorganic ash content. This is the same company that supplies Equine Pine Stall Horse Bedding.

http://firemasterproducts.com/

I was going to buy a bag at my Home Depot, but there was a little box at the bottom of the bag saying not to eat the product. So, I figured it wasn't good for the bunnies. It did say "100% organic", though....??

Latest posts

Back