Wood from outside?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luluznewz

Reaction score
I want to provide the bunnies with some hard wood peices to chew on. I don't want to spend the 6 bucks to buy a peice of wood from petco though, that seems crazy. I was thinking about just getting some from outside. I really cant tell what kind of wood it is reliably though. I sometimes even have a hard time telling what a full tree is with certainty.

Do you think its safe to give the bunnies a branch? Are they any red flags I should look out for?

be better getting a cardboard box

apple trees that i know of but my rabbits never showed much interest...perferred the toilet paper roll

We've given ours cuttings off of "SAFE" apple trees--no pesticides or mold/mildew. They liked them when they were fresh and green, but not so much after. Paper rollers and cardboard boxes remain the favorite and grass mats and balls too.

Living in WI, we have apple trees everywhere. So I give Muppet them from our yard. Also, we have a 200 yr old Silver maple that she chews the twigsfrom aswell. And our neighbors have grapevine, which she loves! Any vine that comes over their fence and floats over our property becomes mine for Mupps;)

CSince ur in CA.u can give ur buns dried cholla cactus the ones.with holes in em. And ur gona find the best info on what trees r bad if u google toxic trees or plants . Most of those sites will break down each plant and which animal has probs with toxicity to it.FYI when I researched this in the past I found out there were ALOT of very toxic trees out there .so I've stuck with fresh apple twigs ..if u have a willow tree near u those are buns fav also.

Hi all, is wood from a pine tree ok? I'm thinking of cutting a little stump from the christmas tree before I get rid of it!

Latest posts

Back