wood floor

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosieBunnie247

Reaction score
my new rabbit rosie who is my first rabbit wont walk on wood floor let alone run so i have put down a towel and now she will walk on it but not run she will only run in her shed witch is wood floor 2 so i dont get it why wont she run in the house but she will in her shed ?:(

well its varnished ( cant spell that :L ) but my yorkie max and my hamster biscuit have never slipped on it but i guess they move diffrently is there anything i can do as i would love to see her binky more ...:(

i cant put carpet down we are moving in a around 15 weeks but were not sure so if we do it will be a waste should i put some towels and blankits down ? or is there anything else i can do ? :?

If you have an old blanket, you can put it over a shower curtain so that even if the bun pees, it won't touch the wood. Perhaps you can just add a few velcro spots or snaps to have them connect. Bun can run around freely, and you can remove te sower curtain and pop the blanket in the washing machine... :)

Family members of ours who now have 2 of our pevious bunnies put down a large carpet they got for cheap because the buns don't like the laminate flooring either.

As for us? Crumble loves it. He loves to run at full speed and let himself skid. He's a bit of a crazy bunny. We call him Tumble Crumble. Houdina (our cat) does it too when she is excited.

I have 2 that won't go on the wood floor although they see my other pne do it. You can put down some cheap throw rugs for them to go room to room if possible.

we have big rooms so she cant go room to room not a noth rug towels or carpet, but maybe i could try putting down some towl rug on one of the huge rooms ?x what you think x

:runningrabbit: <3 rosie <3 :rabbithop

I just use bed sheets for traction. Peppy has had no issues, and they cover a large area.

We have hard wood floors and that doesn't stop Skittles from running all over and skidding into things. I do put down a large sheet. She loves to sit on it and fluff it. She also will find any towel or blanket that is left unattended and take that over too. :pinkbouce:

aww cute x may have to try the sheet thing x she has been hoping on the floor but not running allthourgh this is only her secound full day home x:nicethread:blueribbon:

Our big girl Pearl will go on our hardwood, but our little boy George won't. Their room has a large area rug, but the hallway and dining room are hardwood. We have an area rug in the living room. Currently we are try to coax George to hop/walk on the hardwood. He curently just sits at the end of the rug looking longingly towards where Pearl just hopped away on the hardwood. Now we carry him to the edge of the rug and make him go on the hardwood. We usually crawl beside him to help him feel more confident. He stays close to the walls and especially doesn't like going past open doorways. He has hopped home from the living room once or twice on his own. I figure we'll be helping him like this for a long time; but, hopefully one day he will just go on his own. I don't think he'll ever really like it though.

When we brought Lupa home she really hated the hardwood floors. I put a large, heavier sheet down and she started coming out more often. Once she got really used to it she started running. Try the sheet or blanket and just give your bun time :)

what iv been doing is putting rosie on a rug and some veg just 3 hops away from it and sme more 8 hops away and some more round the edge of the room and it seems to be woking :biggrin:

Back