Wont sleep! Always awake early!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maskedburito

Reaction score
Hi, So I just got a rabbit and I leave it out in my room all the time and its cage is open so he can go in and out when he wants. Every morning at 7am he decides to run around like crazy in the room making lots of noise. He only does this at 7 in the morning for about half an hour. Soon as I wake up he goes back to his cage and relaxes. Is there anyway I can change this time that he likes to run, I cant get any sleep he is so loud I am going crazy. I have tried leaving him in the cage at night but then he chews loudly at the bars at 7am

Please help I want to sleep, im going crazy

Unfortunately rabbits are most active at dusk and dawn, I dont' think you can change their timetable around.

I feel your pain though. My rabbit is in my room and he makes noise early in the morning, shredding cardboard, playing with his toys, etc. When I first got him every little noise would wake me up(i'm a pretty light sleeper). I tried taking away all this toys at night, feeding him before bed so he'd be busy eating instead of making noise. But nothing really worked. I even tried changing the times my room was dark/light(my room doesn't get any natural light as its in the basement) but even changing the light cycle didn't change his behaviour. He'd still be up early doing his thing. Eventually I got used to it and now I hardly ever wake up when he is making noise.

Buy ear plugs, lol

maskedburito wrote:
Hi, So I just got a rabbit and I leave it out in my room all the time and its cage is open so he can go in and out when he wants. Every morning at 7am he decides to run around like crazy in the room making lots of noise. He only does this at 7 in the morning for about half an hour. Soon as I wake up he goes back to his cage and relaxes. Is there anyway I can change this time that he likes to run, I cant get any sleep he is so loud I am going crazy. I have tried leaving him in the cage at night but then he chews loudly at the bars at 7am

Please help I want to sleep, im going crazy
i am apparently a heavy sleeper,,my kids,,homers and cottontail rarely wake me up./.wife says i can hear a pin drop when asleep--so.i do not know--i guess it just does not bother me//go figure huh,..sincerely james waller--oh now the wife says i hear what i want to...oh,well--all is good:wave:

Maybe you can get blackout shades to simulate night time. But I don't know if they have an internal clock and know it's morning like people do. They probably do :p

there's not much I do about it. I close the bedroom door when I wanna sleep in. Otherwise on weekdays I am up at dawn when they are. :(

My rabbits usually wake up and start making noise around 5am every day. They are on the other side of the house from me, but the house is small and the wood floor make every noise louder. In time, I have learned to go back to sleep if they wake me up before my alarm goes off. (I get up at 6:15 on work days, 9 on days off.) They will usually be active for about half an hour, then settle down again, as you have described you bunny doing. My husband sleeps through it all.

If you're able to fall back asleep easily, you could get up and give your bunny something to munch on, like fresh hay or greens. That could keep him busy for a while, especially if you make it hard for him to get at, so he can work on that for a while! :biggrin2:

Or if it's possible, you could make another room your bunny's room.

Latest posts

Back