Wondering?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Mini Rex rabbit and she is very hyper, tends to scratch and/or nip me occasionally, so I'd stick with the larger more friendlier rabbits. I'm not saying Mini Rex's are bad because I love her with all my heart, and I can control her... but Mini Rex's probably aren't going to be the best with little kids.

When I suggested a flemish giant - I wasn't thinking of the son picking up the rabbit and holding him nearly as much as sitting on the floor beside the rabbit (or having the rabbit on the couch beside him while watching tv and petting him/her).

My flemish will sit beside me on the floor for half an hour at a time for pets...and then nudge me for more or beg for more when I stop....

TinysMom wrote:
When I suggested a flemish giant - I wasn't thinking of the son picking up the rabbit and holding him nearly as much as sitting on the floor beside the rabbit (or having the rabbit on the couch beside him while watching tv and petting him/her).

My flemish will sit beside me on the floor for half an hour at a time for pets...and then nudge me for more or beg for more when I stop....
Mine too. I am always supervising them when the kids r around, but I have not had any issues, and My day care parents love what the rabbits teach the kids. B calm and sit nicely with them instead of rough housing. And now since they have been with us for a good time now the kids ignore them and it is very tranquil..OUM OUM lol

Oh, and another good thing about Flemish Giants, they have big ears! Who can resist big beautiful ears? I know I can't. Hmm....Flemish Giant. I think that's next on my list. (Im gonna end up retiring with rabbits surrounding me, haha)

Latest posts

Back