Wondering if other bunnies do these things?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishmist

Reaction score
Recently my baby boy ran past me a couple of times making a very strange noise, it almost sounded like the noise the game Q-bert makes... boing, boing. There does not seem to be anything wrong and he appears quite happy. He kind of boings then binkies lol When he first did this I had to turn the TV off to hear where it was coming from. I have heard of grunting, growling, purring but never boinging. Anyone else ever here their rabbits boing?

Was reading about bunnies and their thumping habits, my baby girl thumps when she wants attention. She will sit right in front of you and thump until you pet or play with her. She also thumps when jumping up on the bed.

susan

Hi Susan,

Is it like a "humming" or a "buzzing" sound?

Somebunnies make that kind of sound when their really happy or excited.

~Jim

I can't explain the noise Shorty makes... It's kinda like the noise a guinea pig makes, but not as high-pitched. When he makes that noise it's an excited or happy noise. He makes it every time I put him out for playtime in the big backyard. He gets to dig, binky and roll in the dirt. :p

No it is definately a boing noise lol.He is definately happy when making the noise. My husband justcame home from the hospital and Pez was climbing all over himmaking that noise. Pez missed my husband so much his tail waspractically wagging! I think that bunny is a reincarnated dog!

irishmist wrote:
No it is definately a boing noise lol. He isdefinately happy when making the noise. My husband just camehome from the hospital and Pez was climbing all over himmaking that noise. Pez missed my husband so much his tail waspractically wagging! I think that bunny is a reincarnated dog!

AWWWWWWWW! Rabbits have the sweetest personalities. What a sweet little bun!

Glad someone elses bunny makes that kind of noise... makes me feel like it is not me hearing things lol

susan

Irish Mist isthe rabbit a Dutch bychance ? i have 2 dutch thatare very vocal andothers who say nothing , andone who just thumps for attention .just curious

The past two days that I've had Blossom out, I've heard a noise like that. I thought I was crazy until I read this...lol

I wish that I could run as fast as he does so Icould tape the noise lol. Pez does the whole apartment in2.5, all you see is a black streak lol... Maybe, the boingnoise is sound effects when he is on the go lol. This is hisfavourite place to sleep.. much to Cleo's chagrin!

gypsy wrote:
Irish Mist is therabbit a Dutch by chance? i have 2 dutch that arevery vocal and otherswho say nothing , and one whojust thumps for attention . justcurious

Yes, Pez is a dutch dwarf, although his markings are a bitoff. The white part on his neck only extends downhis right leg. Makes him look like he just got into half ofhis pyjama's LOL. Cleo (according to the vet) is an English Spot. Wedid not realize when we got the rabbits (they were bought in 2different countries) that they were both black and white, butopposites. Pez thinks Cleo is his mother, and is by her sideat all times --- except for those gigantic bursts of energy when hebreaks the sound barrier LOL

Susan

The first thing that came to my mind was the Mazda commercial...ya know...the one that goes "Zoom..zoom..zoom"

only with...

"Boing..boing..boing!!"

JimD wrote:
Thefirst thing that came to my mind was the Mazda commercial...yaknow...the one that goes "Zoom..zoom..zoom"

only with...

"Boing..boing..boing!!"

AWWWWWW! What a great catch-phrase ;)

Not only are dutch vocal, they are hysterical! Ihave a male dutch also who used to make some "odd" noises when the kidswouldnt pay attention to him lol.

Latest posts

Back