Woah

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meganc731

Reaction score
Mr. Wiggles did something he had never donebefore and I'm not sure what to make of it. This is the situation... Iwas sitting on the floor next to his open cage, he was drinking water,I was teaching the dog to sit... for praise I was clapping and sayinggood girl. I heard him thump (for the first time) and looked over tosee him display some very different body language. He was obviouslyvery alert, he was sitting parallel to me looking straight (not at me),but it was like his body wasswaying/rotating side to side, itlooked like he was looking for something, possibly trying to see behindthe water bottle that was in his line of vision? I figured out that itwas the clapping causing him to thump. What does his behavior mean?

I'm going to attempt to attach a picture of him, but unfortunately the light was poor so hopefully you can get the jist.

Thanks,

Megan

Yes the thumping was due to the fact that hesensed something to be concerned about and he was most likelyattempting to get a better view. Albinos have compromisedeyesight and may sometimes "scan" in an attempt to focus better.

Pam

Ozzy thumps quite often. Usually if he is mad atme over something. Sometimes if he hears a noise also. At first it iskind of cute and funny but later it gets rather annoying. Ozzy thumpsif his litterbox is late to be changed, if he is hungry, if he wantsout, if I get up late. Name it he thumps. Not much you can do about itother than pleasing them over what they are thumping about. Saying nojust makes him madder. That bunny attitude.

I wonder if he thought you were thumping at him with your clapping and he was just responding?

-Cheryl

Thanks all, I'm not so worried now. That scanningmotion just does not look natural the first time you see it. I'm notsure if he was mad at me or not... is there any tell tale sign thatsays he was thumping at me, not with me?

Thanks again!

Megan

iwantatwinkie wrote:
Ozzy thumps quite often. Usually if he is mad at me oversomething. Sometimes if he hears a noise also. At first it is kind ofcute and funny but later it gets rather annoying. Ozzy thumps if hislitterbox is late to be changed, if he is hungry, if he wants out, if Iget up late. Name it he thumps. Not much you can do about it other thanpleasing them over what they are thumping about. Saying no just makeshim madder. That bunny attitude.
even though its annoying to uit sounds so cute to me, u should rename him thumper :D

I din't become annoying until he started waking me up at night. Thumper would be a perfect name for him.

Back