wish i had done something....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hailiejade

Reaction score
Totally not rabbit related but has been bugging me all day , i bumped into a friend of a friend in town , who had decided on the spur of the moment to buy a hamster , despite not having a cage , bedding , food etc for it .

This wouldnt have been so bad if she was going to get the things she needed straight away , but no she decided to go to the pub for lunch first , taking the hamster too , still in the pet box which it was given to her in that is the same size as the poor hamster so it wouldnt have been able to move with just two holes in the top of box , bearing in mind that lunch in a pub usually takes more than an hour , the poor thing would have been stuck in the very small box for at least an hour , in sweltering heat , with no food or water , i did suggest that the hamster might get a bit hot and thirsty stuck in box in the heat and she said she had bought a water bottle and would poke it through the hole in box if it got thirsty.

How can people be so stupid.i wish i had offered to take it home with me until she had lunch so it could at least get out the box and the sun and have something to eat/drink but i didnt think at the time as was too shocked.

petshops really should not be allowed to sell animals.

That really is sad. It doesnt take that much brains to think. Sheeeesshh people these days....

i know .....people like that shouldnt be allowed to keep animals.

she also made a point of saying that she would have got a rabbit but shes not allowed them anymore as she forgot to feed them/look after them and they froze to death in the winter.....

and then asked if i knew if you could buy hamster carrying bags like you get for dogs so she could carry the hamster around with her as then she wouldnt need a cage....un-believable

I'm assuming that this girl is underage and a minor. Am I correct? If so, I have just one question/comment:

Where were her parents?!

In this particular situation I don't know that it's fair to place the blame on the pet shop. I'm not a huge fan of pet stores, but they didn't necessarily do anything wrong here. If this girl is a minor, her parents need to have been involved. I think that would be helpful in a great number of situations.

Just my two cents :twocents.

hailiejade wrote:
she also made a point of saying that she would have got a rabbit but shes not allowed them anymore as she forgot to feed them/look after them and they froze to death in the winter.....
:shock:Wow! Thise poor rabbits. Why get a pet if your not going to take care of it, or play with it. :X:?

People never cease to amaze me....poor little guy. Sounds like he just got served a death warrant...
One can hope though,...maybe she will change some and be a better pet owner...
Horrible to hear about those buns...

Latest posts

Back