Wisdom Teeth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieStixxxx

Reaction score
For the last two weeks, one side of my mouth has been hurting pretty bad. I went to take a look and saw that my wisdom tooth had surfaced [Yes I know... I'm 18 and I haven't had them removed yet]. I was thinking of only having the one removed since it's cheaper if they've surfaced, and I can't afford $600 to have the other 3 taking out.

I was wondering about what kinds of experiences has anybody had with removing their wisdom teeth?

-April

All 4 of my wisdom teeth came in when I was nine or ten. They came in, and never hurt. Still have them and I'm 39, so I guess I was lucky.

I had all 4 out at the same time when I was 17. Takes the same amount of time to heal from 4 extractions as one... get pain killers and plan on eatting soft food for a week.

Same here, I had all of mine out at once when I was about 18. Mine were actually sideways in there though so they had to be surgically removed.

Joy

i just had mine removed this summer (i'm 21). i was in lots of pain like you so i hadthem checked out immediately

i would advise getting them all out if there is any way possible, then you don't have to worry about them down the road.

very few ppl can keep their wisdom teeth, the mouth isn't designed to have that many.

but get them out! i think they are harder to remove when they've ruptured (broken thru the skin)
i had all 4 taken out and i really didn't have problems, i ended up getting 2 dry sockets but that was completely my fault. don't eat anythng that can tear the blood clot and don't drink alcohol!!! rest up and take the meds they give you, plus lots of IB Profin works wonders!

good luck :)

A lot of people have their wisdom teeth removed, but it's not always necessary. My four wisdom teeth have been happily in my mouth since I was in grade school.

I had my bottom two removed when I was about 23, as it was the process of elimination when I was having headaches everyday for two years and my doc couldn't find the problem. It was fine, but got dry socket. Took half a Vicadin in the middle of the night on an empty stomach, got sick that next morning, which caused the clot to be thrown, which in turn caused dry socket-way painful.

I had the only other one that came in later in life on the top removed last year. The stupid thing started decaying as soon as it came in, broke off on almost the entire tooth up to the gum in time. Went to an oral surgeon to have it removed. Man, he did a great job! Almost no pain when the numbness wore off, no bleeding after 20 mins. I'd have to say that was about the best experience with an extraction I've ever had;). (I was on Nitrus during the extraction, cuz I just can't do it without:tears2:.)

One of the main reasons dentist suggest removing them, is because if they are having trouble surfacing, it's likely they are leaning (facing into your other teeth) and that will push against them and cause them to shift or break.

You could have them removed a separate times. The doc will get x-rays and he'll be able to see how important it is you do it quickly or whether you can take your time in the process:).

Good Luck-I know it's never fun.

My brother had to have his removed because they were hurting him bad. He constantly had oralgel with him.

Thats all I know.

I had my 3 (not 4) out this summer, at the same time as a few other members.
The teeth weren't that bad. It was my tori (bony projections from my jaw) that I also had removed that hurt.
You may not need all of yours out.

Some people don't actually have wisdom teeth to begin with.
I have my two bottom ones, but my top ones haven't come in yet and I'm 18. I haven't had any problem with them except for slight pain/itching when they were growing in. If they start hurting worse I may get them removed, but if they are like they are right now then I won't.

I had mine removed almost a year ago.

All 4 had to be cut out and one was far up in my nasal cavity.I didn't swell upafterthe surgery but instead I got a big bruiseon the sidewiththe nasal cavity tooth. My bottom wisdom teeth werewrapped all around nerves so my jaw was really sore. Ididn't get toeating solid foods for about a week and a half to two weeks.

Everyone's different. The kid across the street recently had his cut out and by day3 he waseating solids.

Best of Luck!

I had mine removed over the summer (at 19) all four at once, I was very careful with home-care and didn't have any complications. Just make sure they give you either vicodin or perks anything under that will not do any good towards the pain.

It's really not that scary, they give you knock out drugs and you just conk out, they do their job, someone takes you home. I woke up in the car 30 min. into the drive :pit's pretty crazy, aparently I was awake I just couldn't remember anything.

Mine are coming through now, they're really bugging me. I hope I don't have to have them removed, the thought of it makes me feel sick! :(

i had mine out 3 weeks ago. well 3 of them that is. they were all impacted and sideways, crown facing forward. and they were cut out the jaw braking off as they did it. i just had novacane but didnt feel a thing, i actually enjoyed watching the hole thing inthe shiny center of the light. the 4th one is soooo deep he doesnt want to do it so he said wait and see if it bothers me, the top wasnt bad AT ALL, but the bottom was very swollen and sore for about a week and i had bruising, but i worked any way.

plan on, good pain meds, lots of jello and instant mash potatoes, and sleeping ina recliner, laying down is painfull, for a bit... oh and get 3-4 ice packs, they saved my sanity with the lower jaw.

my case was the worse my dentist has ever seen, and hes been around a while!

i didnt think it was so bad. assid from finding out the hard way im alergic to amoxycilin!

take the week off work and watch some tv with a lovey bun in your lap!

im 23 and i jsut had mine out! my bf is 23 and now needs his out. seems to be 18-24 with most people i talked to.
good luck.

Latest posts

Back