Wisconsin animals need help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
naturestee wrote:
Shelters in northeast WI have taken in nearly 500 animalsfrom a seizure. I can't believe this guy said he was takingcare of them if Hazmat teams had to be called in!:X

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?s=3947915

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=3958838

I don't know, the jury's still out on this one. This storydoesn't have enough specifics. The humaneofficersays 'indescribable abuse' and doesn't describeit. Of course with 100 guinea pigs plus how evermanydogs, cats, etc. in the house, it's going to smell bad,but the story only says the team was called in because of what theyfearedthey wouldfind.

They say they found "some dead animals", but with 170+ pets on theproperty (not sure where the 500 number iscoming from,headline says "more than 100", is there another story?), you're goingto have naturally occuring deaths.All the State vetsaidwhen he authorized the seizures was there were too manyanimals to get proper care and food. There's no mention ofstarvation or deliberate cruelty. Manyif not mostof the animals seemed to be running loose. He had feedtroughs and water available.

Maybe its bad, but then again maybe its an out of control rescue and hesaved them from worse fates. I can't imagine all thoseanimals being spayed or neutered, so it's unlikely to beahealthy situation, but I'm not going to condem the man without moreinfo.

Edit: I missed the second link to the second story with thereference to 499 animals, but I assume that's mostly counting thehamsters, gerbils, chickens, etc.. No rabbitcounts. Biggest complaint still seems to be worms andfleas. Unfortunate situation, yes, but I'm still not seeingthe devil, here.Thepoint of thestory underneath the sensationalism is that they need help withdonations of things like flea meds, food bowls, etc, so I hopethatgetsaccomplished.

Taken from the 1st link provided.

"This is abuse, neglect, failure to provide proper food and shelter," humane officer Jennifer Furman said.

Taken from the 2nd link provided

Caring for 499 animals taken from a rural Royalton property could costtens of thousands of dollars. Shelters have to keep the animals for tendays or until the courts give clearance for someone to adopt them.

I am going to playdevils advocate here , as usual , So letstry and get a perspective , first articlesays 100 , now all of a sudden there 499. whats the actual count ,, Is this evenfor real? I have been in on afew of these seizures where numbers havebeen boosted to insure money is donatedto such places ,

Most times such so called seizures are apathetic cry for more money and where does that moneyactually go ? take a wild guess, its certainly not into the supposedanimals they claim they are caring for . Ihave gotten into the habit of not readingthese types of posts , the onlyreason I read it was becasueanimals needed helpand just what is the main boodyof this article , not helping theanimals , JUST SEND MONEY!. no pictures,no actual discriptions of supposed abuse. Just a Vets opinion " that there weretoo many animals ." come on lets thinkbefore we post this stuff ,check out the sorces , check out the follow ups .

Just because ONE vet says and One workersays doesnt make it a Legitament article.

Sorry, I was at work and could not do a more indepth search. I'm guessing they went in only planning ontaking the guinea pigs and such in the house and decided to take allthe farm animals too. This link has a partial listing of thenumbers of animals taken:

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=3952493&nav=51s7

The reporters in northern Wisconsin are fairly useless, not to mentionmost of the info is from a tv station not a paper. The GreenBay paper does not have this, although with most articles like this youwon't see anything in the paper until the person has been formallycharged or at least a partial investigation has been done.

This is a photo site from a guinea pig rescuer who is helpingout. Apparently several pigs had to be put down due to healthand mange and such are common. This is from an individual Ido not know, though, so who knows?

http://photobucket.com/albums/b206/ladyveg/?action=view&current=PDC_0201.jpg

I hope this helps. From what this woman is saying on theforum I saw this at, the animals are seized but not signed over yet,but she thinks that will happen soon. This is about all theinfo I've been able to find out.

Are the pics from before the seizure, I'm assuming? The cages look clean.

I mean, compared to Tank's former home--not bad at all! THAT was unbelievable.

Rose

Ok i have to sayconditions are overcrowded , ALTHO! conciderinighow many pigs were in one cage, I have togive the guy credit for keeping themclean !!

I can see numerouse instances of inbreeding , thoseneed to be culled , no issuethere , Do These people even realizeJUST MAYBE the pigs with littleor sparse hair maybe Molting?duh! the Ones with Bites look actually to behealing nicely ! nice, red, open , not crusted overand infected , Looks like it maybe at least with the guina pigs a goodcase of jumping the gun a bit ,Concidering only 3 need imediate death sentences. I will wait for other pictures ,inthe mean time I will stick with my original post .

To: Mr. Stee

I read your last reply to this thread. Because t was rude, contradictory, prejudice, and disrespecful, I deleted it.

I have Zero Tolerance for that type of attitude on this forum, which I should think you would know by now.

Before you type into a discussion whereas you go off when people arejust pointing out different viewpoints, - and learning from them - Iwould suggest you read the Mission Statement in the Top Picks post atthe top of this forum.

I will not allow my members or myself to be spoken to in this way. I will delete it every time and ban the member that does so.

People are allowed to express themselves and ask questions as they seefit. You do as well, but when you do it the way you did, you cross overthe line of our Code of Ethics.

Personally, I think you owe the members of this thread and those that read it an apology.

Sincerely,
-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back