Winterizing Hershey's Home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyHersheyBun

Reaction score
With colder weather approaching what is a bunny friendly way of making Hershey's cage warmer? I have heard several horror stories on buns eating the material and dying. Is there some type of material that would be okay or should I only use hay? If anyone knows of any safe and warm bedding please let me know??

If he is inside the house, I honestly would not worry :). Rabbits do well in cold, compared to what most people think. Rabbits will die of the heat more than the cold.

Yea, I'd think the same. Maybe if anything put in a little hidey house for him if he doesn't already have one? Then he could go snuggle in there if he was feeling a little cold.

Mine don't eat fleece so they each have a fleece blankie that they can cuddle with or lay on. I think mostly it depends on the rabbit. Whatever your rabbit doesn't eat should be safe. My girl bun will kinda bite at the fleece but it's more like getting it all perfect, there's never a chunk missing from it and fleece is good because it doesn't have long fibers to come off of it and cause blockages.

Latest posts

Back