Winter?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyLover13

Reaction score
HI I got 2 bunnnies around Easter time, but now that it's winter I don't know wheather they'll be warm enough. There no allowed in the house, but they havean outdoor insolated house, that they live in. But when I put hay in it they just egnore it and they so the same thing when i put staw in there with them too. I really don't know what to do... or if they'll be just fine during the winter.
I'm open to any suggestons.

If it's isolated, it should help to keep out some of the cold. Just make sure it's not in a location where drafts can easily get into the hutch. You can provide a box full of hay and see if the rabbits (are they together, by the way? Or separate? Genders?) will huddle in the box for warmth - some will just tear the boxes up and not use it as a bed at all.

Rabbits do a lot better in the winter than they do in the heat, but considering you're in Canada, I would see if the box helps. If there is a section of the cage that is solidly surrounded by wood, that will work too as a windblock/isolated part, and you can just stuff hay in there.

Emily

Thanks I'll try that tommarow, my Snickers and Skittles are female and male but Snickers is fixed because my Mom idn't want anymore :(
Thanks I'll see what they do with it

Latest posts

Back