Winston and Pip

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going through some old photos today I found some pictures of my old rabbit, Licorice. Licky, as she came to be known, was a very large mini lop. She was purchased at a fall fair on Eastern Long Island when I was 12. I pleaded with my parents to let me get her. I had her for almost 9 years. Unfortunately back then, I didn't really know much about rabbits. But I like to think these are some of the happier moments of her life.

Munching in the backyard. Unlike Pip and Winston, she would never run anywhere. She basically stayed put when outside, just eating.

2402106570078533197S425x425Q85.jpg

I built her a pen outside so she could hang out with us in the backyard. It managed to contain her well. This pen would be no match for either of my bunnies now.

2005959950078533197S425x425Q85.jpg

One of her first days home... hiding under the rocking chair.

2206639960078533197S425x425Q85.jpg

Licky loved to throw her food bowl. She made it very known when she was hungry. I'm pretty sure we set this picture up.

2810154070078533197S425x425Q85.jpg

Awww she was adorable. How long ago was that picture taken?

Goodness, I think so many times of the things I've done before knowing anything. It's like the charm of innocence; we didn't know anything and nobody went into stasis, and they lived many years with no problems!

Winston here:

Besides for my busyness being the cutest bunny ever, I have been very busy doing other things lately too. One thing I seem to do a lot now is play in the bathroom with that silly other bunny Pip. This may sound like fun, but let me tell you nothing is farther from the truth. Usually when i get in the bathroom, i like to sit right next to my mom. Sometimes I take a few steps, but I usually come back. During this time, Pip runs around like he's never seen the outside of his cage before. Then I venture out a bit more, once i think it's safe... Pip and I play a game that is called "Ignore Me." It makes him stay very far away, and I like it. But then, usually 20 minutes into our game, he decides to cheat and come very close. I don't like this, he tries to sniff my tail, and then i get mad and grunt at him. Then the human picks me up and tells me I'm not being very nice... she clearly doesn't understand how precious my tail is.All in all, he's just too high energy for me... when i try to sleep he sticks his nose in my cage, when I'm in my litterbox, he needs to come find me.... I CANNOT ESCAPE! When he is in his cage though, I like to come find him, but it's obviously not the same.

Here are some pictures of me being the king of cuteness, and those other animals that live in my room/house.

DSC00922.jpg

Inspired by some other bunnies on the forum, mom thought that this bed was a great purchase for me. She also said it was super on sale, pink, and therefore irresistable. I am not a fan... although it is soft like my blankets. (for some reason, it's not working when I try to make it smaller)

DSC00954.jpg

That other thing that lives with me... i think this might be the only time he has laid down in the last two weeks?

DSC00929.jpg

Here the other thing in my room is doing something weird in his box.

DSC00933.jpg

This is the other guy that shares our room... he has lots of fun cords that come from his home, but mom always unplugs them so i cant play with them!

DSC00939.jpg

I went on an adventure the other day outside of my room. I saw scary things I didn't really like... this dog is really weird, and she actually cries to be picked up... kinda like a two year old human. I don't like getting picked up, so maybe it's good she does.

DSC00937.jpg

This guy was the weirdest though, he cries everytime he wantsANYTHING! I don't think we'd make good roommates cause he's noisy just like Pip!

DSC00936.jpg

Well, that's all for now... maybe next time the other bunny will write our newsletter.

Here are a few pictures I took over the past day of the buns. They have both been doing really well. They suffered a little bunny neglect when a4 week oldkitten came into my life, but now they are readjusting now the little kitten is getting older. The kitten was actuallly found in the middle of the road by the garbage men who almost ran him over. They picked him up, and ultimately I got to keep him. He was four weeks old when found, weighing only 8 ounces... he's since gained weight, is now 8 weeks old, and loves to play with all of the animals in the house.

Here is Pip and the kitten. I've felt really bad for Pip lately because you can tell he is just dying for Winston's acceptance. Winston has not been having it and is especially territorial of "his" room, which Pip and him have shared since I came home.

DSC01141.jpg

DSC01147.jpg

Lloyd (the kitten) and Pip. Lloyd's nails are cut short, so he can't really scratch... but I'm still very careful with the two of them together.

Lloyd wondering why he can't get down and box Pip in the face.

DSC01154.jpg

We got a huge bale of hay delivered from online. Winston sometimes enjoys the luxury of eating straight from the box. (Im not sure why this picture is on its' side... it is showing up the right way on photobucket.

DSC01159.jpg

I love his beautiful face.

DSC01157.jpg

Causing trouble, as per usual:

DSC01158-1.jpg

I love all the new pics! Winston and Pip are so cute!

Does Winston sleep in his bed? Tumnus and Lucy love theirs but Basil and Max only like to pee in beds. lol I love this pic:

DSC00954.jpg

hi haley!

actually, the bed has now been regifted... to the kitten. Winston really had no interest in sleeping in the bed... he was good about not peeing in it, but he preferred to sleep on the fleece blankets on his shelf or in his box. I didn't try Pip with it, cause a general rule, Pip destroys things.

The bed is now being used by the kitten. Once he gets older, and outgrows it, I'll probably wash it and give it back to Winston to see what he thinks again.

Latest posts

Back