Winston and Pip

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipwin

Reaction score
Saint Lawrence River Valley, New York, USA
Hi everyone!

These are my two babies, Winston and Pip. Winston is right below. He's a lionhead, possibly a mix. The vet says he doesn't have a lionhead face. Whateverhe is, he's fabulously cute. He's a little over a year old, very fiesty, and a compact 3.5 pounds.

Pip is the bunny below Winston's shots. We think he's some sort of hotot mix... a little more petite thanWinston at 3 lbs.He was found in a backyard in CT back in April as a baby. Pip just got neutered a few days ago.... and he's not very happy about it. When I adopted Pip I was told he was a female, that turned out to be far from the case. Initially, I had hoped to bond the two rabbits. In a few weeks, once Pip is healed,we're going to try and see if friendship is a possibility between these two. We'll keep you posted!

2397062620078533197S600x600Q85.jpg

2275044270078533197S425x425Q85.jpg

2318415790078533197S600x600Q85.jpg

2708540190078533197S425x425Q85.jpg

They are so cute!! I think Winston is a vienna-marked lionhead. You could post in the rabbitry section to get a "professional" opinion! He reminds me of another beautiful Winston on the forum, featured here http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=28032&forum_id=6

Pip is also a beauty--I love his little mouth! And yay for adopting! I can't believe someone would let that cutie go!

Hey, I fixed the photos so they wouldn't be next to each other and mess up the page size.

I loveeeeeeeee those bunnies! That little lionhead is a doll!

:adorable:VERY cute bunnies! Winston has some unusual markings, could be vienna like tonyshuman said (I'm not a rabbit expert)

:weee:

Oh my gosh they are so cute!

Yup, Winston is a vienna marked lionhead. He is gorgeous! I love the coloring bc it looks so much like a dutch!

We also have another lionhead on the forum named Winston. What a coincidence!

Cant wait to see more pics!

They're both adorable but I LOVE Winston's looks....so very unique!

Thanks for sharing the pictures....

Peg

Today was an exciting day for the bunnies! Since Pip's surgery on Tuesday, he's been mostlycage bound to let him heal. He isdoing welland today I decided to give him some time in a bigger pen. Winston decided to join us for the excitement.

They've never been out together, since I was waiting for the neuter...but previously, anytime Winston saw Pip through the cage, he'd grunt, and box his little bunny feet up. Pip is so interested in everything he does. Today, Winston decided to be nice. He was very calm, no signs of aggression, just sniffing Pip, or ignoring him the majority of the time, and going about his bunny business. They arent going to meet without the pen barrier for a few more weeks. I am hopeful this is a good sign that they'll be able to be friends despite being two boys. Here are some pictures!

2517087040078533197S425x425Q85.jpg

Pip in the pen!

2875633400078533197S500x500Q85.jpg

Bunny kisses..

2238173050078533197S500x500Q85.jpg

"Hi, who are you, and what are you doing in my running space?"

2617261930078533197S425x425Q85.jpg

"Hey Mommy, this bear is kinda creepy"

yeppp... i think so too.

2715239580078533197S425x425Q85.jpg

The best part about getting neutered is getting raisin treats.

Aww they are so cute! Im glad to hear Pip is doing well since his surgery.

I really hope they will bond once his hormones calm down post neuter. Is Winston already neutered? They would be such a cute pair!

Yep Winston is already neutered! At first I thought he might be the hard one to deal within the bonding process. However, i'm starting to think differently. He pretty much ignores Pip.

If ayone has anytips for bonding two boys, itwould be greatly appreciated! I've done a lot of reading on it, and have some methods i'm going to try. Car rides etc... not really going to go full force on it until the middle of January when i have some significant time to devote to it. For now letting them just explore each others cages while out, and seeing each other where they cant get at each other and fight.

Hey pipwin, I know you! When I saw the names Winston & Pip, I scratched my head and said it had to be you.

It's Eileen from Volunteers here:wave: Good to see you on the board, and I am glad Pip did well with the surgery - I was going to e-mail you to see how you were all doing.
Talk to you soon!

Another trip to the vet today... Two days ago, both the bunnies were out, Pip outside the pen, and Winston inside. Winston, in an incredible feat of athleticism, and quick thinking, scaled the sides of the pen, and chased Pip under a desk. Although I didn't realize it at the time, apparently gave him quite the little nip on his back side.

Last night, I realized he had a bump and discovered a scabbed over wound. Today, we visited the vet, since I'm paranoid. Pip much to his dismaygot a very stylish haircut on his rump. Vet checked for pus under the scab (no sign of that), and nowlittle Pip ison a regime of neosporin and TMS twice a day.Tomorrow I'm heading out for vacation for a few days, and the bunnies are with the sitter. Hoping he is able to handle giving the meds at least once a day. But still a little worried since he doesn't know much about bunnies, but At least I'll get three doses in of the meds before Ihead out.

Things always happen at bad times... but im sure everything will work out fine.

Happy New Year everyone!

Hey Eileen!

I appreciate it... i'll write it down just in case. My cousin, who lives10 minutes from usis coming in to watch everyone, the cat, bunnies, and the red eared slider. So, I'll let him know, if for some reason things dont go well.

Talk to you soon!

Lauren

Okay, Okay... here are more pictures :) Been a little busy around here, Last weekend, we took the eight hour car trek from Long Island back to the Canadian border where I work. The bunnies seem to be much happier here than down on the Island... i guess cause they own the house here as opposed to sharing with a dog and a cat that express an interest in eating them on a daily basis.

As for bonding the little buggers, we haven't worked on it much yet. I tried putting them in a neutral territory the other day together, but Winston seemed ready to attack, so I took them away from each other quickly. Since Pip got bitten when Winston escaped, and now has that horrible hairless patch on his back, I'm very wary about putting them together. Almost like I know what's going to happen, and i want to protect him from Winston's teeth... Right now we've been switching cages every day, hoping that will help some. Pip yesterday, while in Winston's much larger cage, enjoyed the luxuries of Winston's second story home, and his beloved cardboard box. He then decided to eat a good chunk of the carboard box, and tried to move the litterbox inside... I don't think Winston was happy when he discovered this... here are the pictures!

2624643230078533197S425x425Q85.jpg

This was when we were on Long Island... anytime Winston heard a noise, he did the lookout pose, just checking for intruders on his turf.

2070530460078533197S425x425Q85.jpg

He knows he's pretty cute...

2464005200078533197S425x425Q85.jpg

I like being back in the frozen tundra they call the North Country, cause it means I get to sit on my chair!

2019876090078533197S425x425Q85.jpg

The little dent right above my tail is from when Winston decided to bite me... mom took me to the vet and they shaved my hair... Doesn't Winston know that rabbit hair grows back patchy... and i may look like this for weeks?!

2611398160078533197S425x425Q85.jpg

Assessing the damage to my home... Pip is absolutely not allowed ever back in my humble abode... try to move me, and face consequences.

Okay,so that was a lot of pictures... ask and you shall receive! Will post more as I get the chance to take them!

Latest posts

Back