Wine lovers unite

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor

Reaction score
I used to be big on Aussie shiraz, but I find myself gently swayed by mixed cab/shiraz, and sometimes I can really enjoy an aged cab on its own (without a meal). Generally, my husband and I usually enjoy the shiraz' on their own.

Lissa, you crack me up! I take it you are a wine lover, too? Our LCBO just re-released the Chateau Reynella 2002 shiraz. We had the 98 vintage (been saving that for a while) 2 cases actually, but sadly, I believe it's done. The 02 is slightly 'weaker', but 02 wasn't a good year.

Did someone say wine? :inlove:

I love shiraz (alone), pinot grigio (with salad/pasta/alone), Merlot (chocolate) ... yum. There is an annual Italian festival nearby each year and the local winery has a booth - I try to get a couple of bottles there each year to support local businesses.

Oh, and once I got a bottle of Domaine les Graves Corteau du Leanguedoc (sp?) as a gift and poor thing did not last a week I believe it was so good.

:toastingbuns

Wow...I don't drink wine - but some of those just sound good because of their names!

Peg

P.S. Edited to add: Alcoholism runs in my birth family - that is why I don't drink....except once in a while to have a pina colada or a wine cooler maybe once a month...

I'm more keen on the aussie shiraz, but I tried a nifty itallian last night with my husband at dinner-it's called "Lodola Nuova" by "Vino Nobile di Montepulciano" 2001. For the price ($24 can.), we are considering buying more! Very,very good-long lasting aftertaste, nice bouquet. We enjoyed a second glass after supper, on its' own. (English majors...did I put the apostrophe correctly on the 'its''?).

Back