Wind Chime

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eve

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My mum has given me an unwanted wind chime, and I have hung it inRodney's cage as he likes noisy toys and I wanted to see his reactionto it.

Itlooks like hereallylikesit,because he'sbeen nudging it andmaking noise with it all afternoon. The sound is actually quitesoothing and not as annoying as his other toys with bells.

Do you think that this would be safe to leave in his cage when he isunsupervised? Below is a picture which is similar to what it lookslike. I was thinking of removing the dangling piece at the bottom, andhanging it fairly high so that he can't reach the strings, andcanjust reach the bottom of it to generate noise.

I just wanted to double check if any of you thought this would be unsafe for him.

Thanks,

Eve

windchime7xa.jpg

Looks like fun! I'd go ahead and takeof the bottom dangly piece. He might chew it, and it'sprobably treated with something. Other than that, it looksgood to me.

I might have to try that. Loki would love it!

Thanks Naturestee! I've taken off the bottom piece.

I hope Loki finds it entertaining if you try it. :)

Whata great idea!!:D

Mind if I try too!? I would def take the piece off thebottom!! It'll just get chewed off eventually anyway!!;) I think bunn will love it!!

Of course I don't mind. :)

If anyone else tries it, I'd be interested to hear what your bunnies thought of this new toy idea.

I think I will be buying another wind chime so my second bun Layla canhave one too, it's been quite a hit with both of them today. I will beremoving them from their cages during the night though :D.

I can't tell from the pic, but are the chimesconnected by string? If so I would only use it when you're near by. Ifyour bunny is a curious as mine, he might get tangled up. I'm justparanoid maybe, but if you've never heard a frightened bunny scream,it's not a pleasant experience.

You know, I realized that Loki already hassomewhat of a wind chime! It's his "cardboard curtain" and itsounds a little like my neighbor's bamboo windchime.

11v39fs.jpg

It's fun by itself, but sometimes he likes to hit the tubes with hiswicker basket or his giant jingle ball. What can Isay? He's a nutter!

Although I'll probably try a small metal windchime soon. That should make a nice big racket!

Thank you for the advice AshtonCasey! :)

The chimes are connected by string only at the top, and I have hung thechime in a very high spot so Rodney can only reach the bottom of thewind chime with his nose and can't get to the strings. But I will keepan eye on him incase he does manage to get to them, I certainlywouldn't want him getting tangled.

Hi Naturestee!

I love Loki's cardboard curtain, that's a very creative idea! Thanksfor posting a picture of it. That's hilarious how Loki hits it with hisbasket and jingle ball,it must look so funny :D.

I might make one for Rodney if you don't mind me copying it.AlthoughI have a feeling his first mission would be to ripthe tubes off the strings and destroy the whole thing.

Eve wrote:
Ilove Loki's cardboard curtain, that's a very creative idea! Thanks forposting a picture of it. That's hilarious how Loki hits it with hisbasket and jingle ball,it must look so funny :D.

I might make one for Rodney if you don't mind me copying it.AlthoughI have a feeling his first mission would be to ripthe tubes off the strings and destroy the whole thing.

You know, that's what I thought Loki would do too. He gets areal kick out of pulling down the chew toys that I hang up withsisal. For a while I had to retie them everyday!:shock: And he usually eats cardboard tubes so fast thatI can't give them to him. But he only chews on these alittle. I think he likes them up more than he wants themdown. He can be really smart when he wants to be.

But hey, if Rodney destroys it in a day, at least it was free, right?

Loki sounds so loveable, I really like the sound of his personality. :inlove:

And any free toy is definately worth a shot. Even if he destroys it ina day, he will have a blast doing it, so I'll try it out. Layla mightlike a cardboard curtain too. I might use the side of my bed to hangthem from. Not that my room needs to look any weirder than it alreadydoes. :D

Latest posts

Back