Will she stay pregnant?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilangelhotots

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Okay breeders, I need your knowledge and want to hear about your previous experiences with stress and bred does. I purchased a bred doe today at a show. She was covered two days ago, this will be her first litter and this was the first time she's ever been away from her cage(so I know this was a Very stressful day for her). I am really praying and crossing my fingers that she will keep this litter. What are the odds or chances that a doe this early in the pregnancy could spontaneously abort? Have you ever had a doe abort because of stress? Ah! It's going to be a nerveracking next two weeks until I can palpate her.

Here's a picture of my new girl 'Bizzie':

http://silverstarrpolish.smugmug.com/photos/260663905_hgFzy-M.jpg

I would say that you have a good chance of her keeping the litter as long

as she took when she was bred.

I have bought bred does at show before as well as had them shipped in

bred and had no problems. Just put her in a quiet cage and let her settle

in.

Good Luck

Roger

I think she'll be fine. There is no guarantee that the breeding "took", especially if she has never been bred before. But moving her to a new cage shouldn't upset her too much. Keep her quiet, and give her time to settle in.

Generally, if a doe has suffered extreme stress or illness early in her pregnancy (the first 14 days), the fetuses are reabsorbed.

In all the years I've bred rabbits, I've found that miscarried litters in the later days of pregnancy were rather uncommon. (I've only seen it happen a few times)

Pam

Latest posts

Back