Will she ever love me?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunfoo

Reaction score
I have a very timid, nervous, thumping, honking netherland dwarf who after many months has bonded with my male bunny. And boy are they in love! But...now, she seems to be even more wary of me - just when I was making progress and she would lick my face and not run away so much when I pet her. Well now that Bunbun is her world I'm afraid all my progress is lost and she is happy just loving her husband. Will this honeymoon phase ever end where she will have interest in getting to know me again?

How old is she? Buns can go through phases as they age, so she might settle down and decide you're not so bad.

If she's already an adult, I suppose there's a possibility that she'll never really be affectionate, especially since she has a buddy to spend time with. But don't let that stop you from trying! Just accept that she's never going to be cuddley, but try to be patient with her, hand feed her treats, let her climb on you, etc and I think she'll come around at least a bit.

how long ago was she spayed? it can take a few months for the hormone levels to adjust. that is a lot of change for a bunny.

like was said, she might calm down with age. winnie was rather independent for a long time (untill we lost herman when she was 2), even before her and herman were bonded.

give it time, don't give up.

I have the same worries. My little guy zentor is very shy and causious of me and my boyfriend. he isnt "afraid" of us, but he's not about to just run over to us and hang out. he is about 8 months now and we got nuetured at 6 months. before he was very loveing, he would lick us all the time. but now he doesnt as much, when he does it really random. I wanted to get him a friend, a little girl nethie, but it worries me that he will just love her and we will not be on his radar. :[

I hope you have luck with her, let me know what happens, becuase our buns seem to have similar personalities. :]

I had this very same fear when I got my second rabbit Pippin. My first rabbit Benji leapt on me from the first moment we met and I've been licked and snuggled and purred at and followed ever since.
I expected Pippin to be the same when I first got him, but he seemed to just be scared of me. I was so used to Benji licking me and loving me, and I was quite sad that Pippin didn't seem to show me affection, because I was already totally in love with him.

But don't worry- it just takes time. A relationship takes time, effort, and tiimmee. Just spend time with him, stroke him, treat him and spend as much quality time with him. Try just sitting and reading around him too, watching tv with him, because that's establishing comfort around one another.

After about 3 months with Pippin I was rewarded a lick or two and I was shocked! So happy and so shocked- did he really just lick me??? Was that his little tongue?

And now after almost 3 years his affection for me is as huge and passionate as Benji's!!!! :)

Let us know how ur relationship progresses- don't worry, just spending quality time together with help immensly :D

i can only echo what others have said. for four years roxy wouldnt have anything to do with me - hartley was her husbun and soulmate. when he died last january she was devestated - i feared that i might lose her too as she was pining so. when we brought her new toybun home she changed completely. suddenly i was getting nudged, bunny kisses. no longer did she hop and hide when she saw me. it's been a long wait and well worth it! im now waiting for her new husbun to do the same. he's an ex show bun who, one year on, is still a tad wary. he is completely under roxy's paw tho - a complete role reversal for her:bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back