Will neutering help kill poop smell

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I had him in the worst bunny burrito and hekept finding his big feet out and kicking the cotton balls and qtipsout of my hands. THe first cotton ball smelled bad but I don't think Igot it. Ugh. I will try again tonight. He did fight a bit but heactually stayed still for 5 mins. Yay

poo is poo it will alwayssmell i dont seefixing him to stop the smell of the poop

its probably the scent glands that stink:jumpingbunny:

Woah, wait a minute. Before you even try tobathe him, please tell me you'll have a bathmat at the bottom of thetub. The last thing I want to hear about is him panicking and breakinga leg or worse!

SweetPeasMommie wrote:
I am going to put him in the bath tub so I can luke warm hismanly hood up then clean it that way. I?know that his big back feetstinks too.

Do that - Give him a heart-attack and be done with it.

Spot clean that rabbit if you want him cleaned up. I realize that thesmell is strong, but please...is it stronger than when DJ leaves thebathroom?

I know a few people that will raise their hand to adopt Michael if youand DJ don't want to deal with the smell of him. I hope to God younever have children if you can't take the smell of a rabbit.

Please, if Michael is too much of a hassle, announce it and let someoneelse take him if he's too much of a bother in your house.

I strongly suggest you not put him in the tub to relieve your nasaldis-ease. It seems all too often that he is a burden more than apleasure to your household.

-Carolyn

I'm sorry if I seem harsh here, SPM, but everynormal issue that Michael has seems to be a problem in your house thatyou want to fix.

Rabbits are rabbits. Their poops stink. One has to tend to that.

People are people. Their poops stink. One has to tend to that.

You have a Domestic Rabbit. Take the good with the bad, and if you oryour husband are not willing to do that, then accept that and find ahome with parents that will accept that.

-Carolyn

I got it taken care of. I have a bath mat. Ibarely put water in the tub. Once I cleaned his big feet and pulled himout I smelled his scent glands. So I got him in a bunny burrito andcleaned it. He is now fine. I did not say I was rehoming him. I am justtrying to work something out here. We both are fine with it all. He didnot mind getting some water on him cause I had to bathe him when wefirst got him back in july and he enjoyed it. He stayed in the tubuntil the water is gone and I took the towel and wrapped him up.

He is getting better on letting me hold him. Not long but getting there.

Not a prob Carolyn I was trying to work things out until we move to ahouse in spring. We are taking dad to see it and if he approves of itwe are taking it. So the animals will have their own nice basement thatis finnished. Please don't jump down my throat about it.

No I did not really think of the scent glands and Jenniblu found thethread that tells me where the scent glands are located. He does notsmell anymore. so everytime I cut his nails I will clean his glands. DJwas fine with everything since I fixed the first problem and totalyforgot about the scent glands.

Guys I don't want you to panic when I try to dothings. I understand that we all get worried for the bun and the owner.I respectyour feelings when it comes to things. If I had notnever given Micheal a bath before I would have asked first. He was verygood and he actually enjoyed it a bit. He was only in there for a fewmins then I took him out and cleaned his glands really good. He is nowfine.

This has nothing to do with DJ at all. This girl who lives on the 2ndfloor lied to our landlord about smelling animals in the hallways. Wetold him that the animals never smell like what they all think. Once wesmell something coming for either our dog, Micheal or the piggers weall act on it right away.

He is not going anywhere adn he is staying here with us all. He is ourbaby adn he is getting alot better ever since I changed his freetimeschedule.

Angel and MH

SPM and DJ,

The simple fact of the matter is that animals - No Matter What YouChoose - are sometimes going to be somewhat inconvenient - work - andyes, at times "smelly" - just as humans are.

I know you want to keep Michael, SPM, but it seems at every turn,there's another obstacle you have to overcome to keep your householdhappy in order to keep Michael.

If having Michael is going to cause stress, then give him to someone that his natural ways won't effect.

It breaks my heart to hear about this rabbit and not being accepted andloved because it's alive. Domestic rabbits rely on us to help take careof them. As the saying goes, "If it's too hot, get out of the kitchen."

If your husband and you aren't on board and on the same page in orderto give Michael the life he longs for and deserves, then let someoneelse give it to him. No More Stress for You or Michael. There aremembers on here that will adopt him - all you have to do is say theword.

If you don't want to get rid of him, then you and DJ need to come to anagreement that this is the way it is and you'll deal with it.

Rabbit poop smells - SOMETIMES
Human poop smells - ALL THE TIME.

-Carolyn

SPM,

I'm hard pressed to believe that your One Rabbit's smelly poops can penetrate to the 2nd floor for your neighbor to complain.

I have 3 rabbits - One the same breed as Michael, a flemish giant - andsome neighbors that live above me. Never, Ever, have any of myneighbors complained about my rabbits' smelling up the place - or forthat matter, none have ever complained as they're not even aware I haverabbits.

I'm sorry, but somethings SERIOUSLY wrong with the conditions Michael is in if neighbors are complaining.

You have been given solid advice from themembers of this forum in this thread and the others posts you've askedfor help in helping with Michael's poop smells.

I'm closing this post.

Back