Will it make him sick?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pugsy9

Reaction score
My friend told me that if I keep my rabbitoutside and I let him hop around my house for like an hour and then puthim back outsde he'll get sick. Is this true ?

Hello and Welcome.

I have never heard that before. I do know that if thetemperature difference is extreme it can stress a rabbit. If it's 40*Foutside and you bring him in the house and it's 80*F in the house thatputs a lot of stress on them. Because he's had to adjust so fast andthen do it again when you put him back out again. I would just beworried about the stress.

Tina

Tina said it well. It shouldn't hurthim, not just for an hour...i have taken rabbits to 4H meetings andstuff from outside in the winter and theyre ok...just have to keep allthe cloverbuds (under age 9) from sufficating them... but if thetemperature difference is so drastic it would kill him--well that justwould be hard to happen this time of year! but if he was running aroundin your house and got reallyworked upit might givehim heat stroke,

Hi ya im have my bunns out side tolive,but when the weather is bad and they cant have noexcirsei bring thn n for about an hour or so and they arefine!!!!

they love coming inside, and playing wityh my dog and cat!!

Wow its so nice that yourdog gets along with your rabbit. My dog refuses to acknowlege Riku andhe would even try to bite her if possible (Of course I never let thathappen!) So anyway I have to keep Riku in a cage (which is big enoughfor her to hop around) and sometimes I'll let her out, while keeping mydog away. :)

I would not put my animals in the house alot because they can get confused where their home is. Glad I could help. :D

I'm not sure I agree with that. Apollolives inside but I take him outside all the time and he never getsconfused where his home is lol. He usually drags me there when he'sready to go in.

Tina

**I would not put my animals in the house alotbecause they can get confused where their home is** ummm in al my yearshaving rabbits i have never foundthis comment to be true , i have indoor out door rabbits and bothhave either comeonor gone outand for the life of me i havenever had them forget where they live !

Latest posts

Back