Will Basil stop attacking my dog when I get him neutered?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bad kelpie

Reaction score
I have a 12 lb dog (Harley) and a 40 lb dog (Leah). Both are awesome with the rabbits. Basil, however, attacks Harley. Harley goes out of his way to avoid Basil, but Basil puts his ears back and runs at Harley and bowls him over at least once a day. I don't know if he bites Harley, there's never any blood if he does, but Harley yelps. Yesterday, Lump (old spayed French Lop) went up to Harley and sniffed him all over, poor Harley was frozen, waiting to see what she was going to do (she's not aggressive in the least, she was probably checking to see if he had food or was going to pet her). :)

Basil is almost 7 months old, and a checkered/flemish mix. I haven't weighed him since august, he was 7 lbs then. He's gotta be over 10 now.

He neuter time is approaching, it will probably be November (unless the vet quote is out of my budget, then it'll have to wait until January).

Will he stop being aggressive with Harley? He's fine with people, and Leah, and he adores Lump.

Back