"Wild weed" foraging?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catlyn

Reaction score
How far away should i go from the city/roads etc so that the plant matter that i collect for my bun would not be too contaminated by all the traffic?
My lady and i have beeniving in the city for almost an entire year now. Spring has hit strongly and i've seen an abundance of dandelions around.
Therefore, i was planning to bike out of the city to go forage for her whenever i get a rare day off any duties.
Though i am not entirely sure how deep out of the city outskirts would be safe enough to forage.

Since food is grown right next to roads, i don't think this is as much of an issue as one might think. I keep 2-3m away from roads when foraging, mostly because of dogs and sometimes people peeing everywhere, more of a disgust issue than health concerns.

When there are weeds growing, and insects crawling around, it's ok for me. Close to high maintanence crop fields, like corn, was more of a concern to me back when I lived at the outskirts of the city.

I agree with Preitler, even with vehicles driving past, I would just forage about 2 metres from the sides, I don't think you'd need to go too far out from the city, just till you start to see more greenery and such, I wouldn't go near any big commercial crop paddocks outside the city, due to the pesticides and what not that get sprayed and spread in the wind. I would just go to the outskirts of the city where the greenery is becoming more abundant

go to the outskirts of the city where the greenery is becoming more abundant to eat is great.if near the city,Plants and crops are at risk of contamination with pesticides.my bunnies ' lives will be in danger.

go to the outskirts of the city where the greenery is becoming more abundant to eat is great.if near the city,Plants and crops are at risk of contamination with pesticides.my bunnies ' lives will be in danger

Latest posts

Back