Wild babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krissa

Reaction score
Don't worry, I'm not going to try to raise them. :)

I found a nest at my parent's, where I exercise my puppy. Their dog isa known wild rabbit killer (but sleeps with my domestic rabbits - gofigure). I found the nest before the dogs did. I checked the nest whenthey were not there to see if there were babies and how far along thebabies were.

The babies are about 3 inches long, have fur but eyes are not open.There are four of them. Anyone know how long till they leave the nest?

I want to know so I can be on the look out for babies running around, Idon't want my puppy or my parent's dog getting one. I don't want todisturb the nest again to check if they are there. Unfortunaly the nestis in a bad spot in the yard, so I will have to work hard to keep thedogs away.

So a few guesses from the experts so I know when they will be hoppingaround. I'll take my puppy to the park on those days to play.

If they have fur, but no eyes open, then they will be less than 10 days old, but older than one or two days old.

Just to give you some sort of guide as to how long they could be there for.

I looked at the nest today, and the babies have gone. Wish them luck cause there is a large owl in the neighborhood. :shock:

Back