Why would you take your dog to a strangers house

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alee C.

Reaction score
Well today we had a family get together. There was like 30-40 people here. It was thundering and lightning outside so my honey bunny was up hiding in her hut, my cat and my mom's 2 cats were hiding in my room, and my dog was sticking very close to me. I was sitting in the living room eating as there wasn't enough room in the kitchen. My cousin came and brought his girlfriend. She had never been to our house before yet for some reason she took her dog with her. It was just a small dog maybe 15lbs. And as soon as she came in I heard one of my aunts say about my husky, "Oh no, Rex will probably eat that dog." Then said, "where's alee she should take rex and lock him in her room." I just rolled my eyes, and was upset because I mean poor Rex, I'm not gonna lock him in the room all alone during a thunderstorm. I mean its Rex's house why should I lock him away. He's my best friend I could never leave him scared and alone like that.

So they just let the little dog down, and Rex kept his distance. A few moments later my rescue cat Dakota, who used to be a stray cat, scared to death of dogs other then my husky came up outta the room. All of a sudden the little dog flipped out and started attacking dakota, My brother stuck his foot out and basically clotheslined the little dog because it wouldn't stop attacking him. Dakota was so scared it broke my heart it reminded me of when he was a stray and he was scared to death of everything. I was upset. I checked dakota over and he doesn't appear to have any wounds. He's still scared now even like 4 hours later. I love dogs don't get me wrong. But I mean who brings their dog to a strangers house? I'm glad the dog didn't go near honeys cage, poor honey still recovering from her spay surgery that dog would have had a huge problem had he hurt my dakota or honey.

My next door neighbors have a little rat dog that they carry around like a baby the part that is wrong with this is its that close to her all the time and she's oblivious that fleas are just crawling everywhere on her! I have a 40lb shar pei that doesn't like small critters now because this dog attacked her ...... too small to cause damage but traumatic for her. Now she would like nothing else but to have anything small for breakfast because she thinks it will hurt her. It ruined my dogs attitude towards small animals and she still carries it over here every time she feels the need to gossip and refuses to understand my dog Will try to kill it if given a chance because she hates it.i am always having to spray my yard for fleas and restrain or hide my dog because of her. I don't understand why she does it and she allows her unleashed dog to antagonize mine every time she comes out to pee. Its tragic but i feel my dog Will now always Hate tiny dogs. Some people just have bad manners and dont know proper pet etiquette... a shame though

Wow what an idiot, if she really wanted to bring the dog she should have gotten your cousin to give a quick text to ask if it was ok. Some people are so selfish.

I'd talk to your cousin to find out why his gf brought the dog along. And why he thought it was ok. He should have known to ask first, or more appropriately, assumed it wasn't.

Had the same thing happen to us years ago -- large gathering and someone presumed to bring their puppy without asking! I was dumbstruck. The poor wife of the guy kept apologizing obviously seeing it as a breach of any etiquette... The guy was oblivious.

I'm glad no serious bodily harm was done to any of your pets.

I bring my dog wherever I can if I think it's not too crowded and safe. However, I ALWAYS ask before I bring him and I think that is just common sense and courtesy! :expressionless

My aunt got her first dog a few yrs ago, a little annoying yorkie... Not annoying because I don't like yorkies! Annoying because he is spoiled rotten to the point that HE decides when she is gonna eat, or hold him, or play with him...etc. She can't even let her daughter drive her can with them in the passenger seat because he whines and crys because he isn't in the Lap of the driver!!!!!! It's insane! Well like 2yrs ago, we had them over and she brought the thing, completely unannounced! I was SO pissed! He wasn't fixed and I our little male Charlie is really territorial! It was so stupid! Her dog also wasn't completely house trained!!!!!!!! And she acted like I was so rude when I said he had to stay in his crate! So she ignored me and put him in the upstairs bathroom, and complained all evening about him crying! Ugh... Well when she left, I found he had peed, and ripped up some of my BRAND NEW CARPET!!!!! My husband was so pissed! I didn't speak to her for a few months... It was just so rude! We take our dogs with us when we can, but NEVER without asking and NEVER would we EVER if I thought it would be inconvenient for anyone!

I'm planning on taking my dog with me wherever I can.

I'm also planning on not tossing my common courtesy in the trash and asking before I just show up somewhere with my dog (he's gonna be about 120lbs so that could be alarming if someone didn't know he was coming.)

I take my dog everywhere..but i asssk before i tske him yo a friends or other persons house. Its rude..did she even take nlsme snd admit she was in the wrong? Also...i woulda told her to leave or take her dog outside

You're a lot nicer than I am. Lol.

I would have made her leave her dog outside. None of my pets were going to suffer for some random chicks yappy dog.

I take my dog with us when we can. Petstore visits.. my sister in laws house. Dog friendly places. I wouldnt dream of taking any of my animals to a strangers house! I dont think I would even have the nerve to ask! lol!

I would be angry if anyone brought their dog to my house. I have a cat that was originally a stray as well who is terrified of dogs. I figure it is her house and she should always feel comfortable. I would have asked the dog to stay outside or leave. It's not fair to scare your pets or lock them away. What nerve to ask you to do that!

If I were your cousin I could be kicking her to the curb.

Something similar happened at a cookie party my mom was having.

My mom's friend brought her (TINY) German Shepherd puppy right in the house... and I have a full grown Shiba Inu (possibly mixed with a Siberian Husky because he is a bit larger than a normal Shiba Inu) named Kiba Kiba and a Pitbull/Chow/Shepherd named Lady.

Lady was completely fine but Kiba attacked and snapped at the poor puppy. She wasn't harmed but she yelped and stuff, so Kiba had to go in his crate... it was the other people's fault for bringing their puppy on Kiba's territory without asking... but bad situations can occur either way D:

Is it possible that your cousin told his girlfriend that it was okay to bring her dog?

I wouldnt dream of bringing any of my dogs to someones home without getting an okay beforehand.

Latest posts

Back