Why, why do they do this!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnickersWay

Reaction score
Snicker's the Almighty has determined that I am a bad interior designer. Every time I clean her cage and have it looking so neat and nice, she has it destroyed in less than 30 seconds. Toys half in the litter box, fleece pushed and bunched all which way, newspapers in little bits all in her fur. Ugggg...

If I try to go back and change anything, I gether Bunnyzilla side coming at me, all charging and making noises, LOL. I actually forgot how funny rabbits are about certain things. I guess my OCD is going to have to learn how to take a backseat when it comes to Snicker's home.

My bun does the same thing when I clean her cage. She's a reorganizer for sure. It doesn't really bother me much, as long as shes happy. She spends a lot of time out of the cage, and she likes to reorganize my kitchen for me too!

Hmmm your kitchen, can she come visit me for a bit and help me reorganize mine. At this time Snicker's is spending most of her time in her cage,she is only 3 months old and didnot have much human interactionbefore me. I have just now got her to realize that Iam not going to hurt her. I do let her out in the evenings for some play and interaction time.

Oh thank you, I thought she was justtrying to drive me insane with her litter box, I know that I put it in one corner and when I come back it is somewhere else, then 30 minutes later it has moved again.

I won't lie this drives me insane too... I have OCD about organization, so whenever I come down and the big things are moved I'm like but THAT doesn't go there!!
To be honest I drilled a hole in the litter box and put a twist tie onto the side of the cage so it would stop ending up in the middle of the cage... :blushan:

Its a constant battle with me and Oreo. I have pretty bad OCD when it comes to cleaning. I will let her roam and vacuum her whole cage, hay all neat, food bowls put away, toys neatly placed, blanket nice and folded.. Oreo strolls in and it looks like a freggin tornado hit the place. I think she gets so bothered that I touch her things she ruins the place even worse that it was before I cleaned it, kinda like saying "THERE! TAKE THAT OCD MOM!" lol.. and I repeat the process.. i need to become one with my OCD and her cage lol

All I have to say is thank you for letting me knowI am not alone.. LOL. I want to do nothing but clean her cage or put it back in order whenever I see it messed up. But she gets so very offended if I try to move anything!!

Off to clean the AlmightyOne's cage....

My first rabbit was a master engineer. I would clean her room (she free ranged and had her own "bedroom") and arrange everything so it looked good to me. I kept layers of sheets and blankets and mats covering the floor. I would wash them all and lay them out nice and smooth and neat. Immediately, Scout would get to work. She would borrow in them and make tunnels. She would push some up to create "walls". She would roll some back to make hiding places. It was a great activity for her;)

I thought it was an amazing display of her bunny skills:)and intelligence. Rabbits really "engineer" their environment...digging immense warrens, etc. I realized that she thought she was putting things back in their proper order after I came in and messed everything up. She probably thought "WHY DOES SHE DO THAT?" She had a full time job cleaning up after me;)

She definitely preferred things spread out. She did NOT like "neat" piles. I would still come through and "clean and organize" and then she would reorganize. I came to think of it as a good thing. It was exercise and stimulation for her. She didn't seem to get mad. She was very patient with me but she got to work as soon as I was finished:)

My new bunnies haven't started to move things around yet. Maybe they're still too new to the situation.

:bunnybutt::bunnybutt::bunnybutt:

Back